Chapter 3: The Storm

A few months later, Bill's condition had gotten worse. Way worse. It was to the point where it hurt to breathe.

"Bill, just leave me alone!"

"You and I are the only ones at home and I'm bored."

"Read a book."

"I don't wanna read."

"Then I can't help you. Now, leave me alone."

Bill frowned. "Please, Pine Tree?"

"Bill. I don't like you, and I don't want to be around you, ever."

Bill froze. It got harder to breathe just by that statement alone. Bill sighed to himself and slowly left the room.

Bill went to his little shed in the backyard of the Mystery Shack. It's where he lived. He just worked as an employee at the Shack.

The shed was falling apart. Moss grew on the damp wood planks that made the walls and roof. The wood was still damp from the storm that happened the night before.

There were planks of wood missing on the walls and the roof. It got cold at night and freezing cold when it snowed or rained.

Bill's body isn't able to produce its own body heat, so he wore warm clothes, even in the summer. Mabel loves to make him a bunch of sweaters, mostly yellow and triangle themed.

Bill sat down in the middle of the floor of the little shed, pulling his damp blanket over his body. It hardly provided any heat, but it did help a little.

It looked like it was going to rain soon. The sky was gray and the clouds were large.

A few drops fell to the ground before it started pouring rain.

"Oh, c-come on," Bill whispered, already shivering. "Not a-a-again."

Thunder rumbled, making the ex-demon whimper.

Wind roared, shaking the shed.

Rain fell, hard and fast, causing everything it touched, including Bill, to get soaked.

"S-Someone, please h-help me."

No response.

"P-Please?"

No one came.

"Someone, h-help me."

No help showed up.

Bill's sobs and pleas could barely be heard over the wind and the rain.

The rain lasted a few hours and no help ever came.

Bill was wet, cold, and muddy. The floor of his shed was dirt, meaning it became mud during and after the rain.

Bill was also hungry, but Stan and Ford didn't allow him inside when he was muddy and wet. So, Bill pushed his hunger down, closing his eyes and saying a little prayer.

"To anyone who's out there. Please help me. I just want Pine Tree to love me-" Bill started coughing violently. "P-Please."

Flower petals and thorns covered the floor. Some blood covered the walls from when Bill coughed. Bill's sobs filled the air.

After a few minutes, someone opened the door. "Hey, did you... Are you crying?"

"I don't cry." Bill coughed, his hand over his mouth, hiding the flower petal that came out.

"Jeez. You're coughing up flowers..." Dipper noticed the bloody flower petals and thorns covering the floor, as well as the blood on the walls.

Bill looked up at Dipper. "So?"

"Who... Nevermind. I don't care and I don't want to get involved."

Bill rolled his eyes. "What do you want?"

"Did you take my phone?"

"No."

Dipper sighed. "All right. Bye." He left.

Thank you to my friend who helped edit. It means a lot and it's very helpful.

Day that this chapter was completed: 8/6/2021
Word Count: 573