Chapter 7: Accidental Confession

Bill waited for Dipper to come back. He camped out in the warm and dry living room, bouncing up and down. He was so excited to see Dipper.

Yes, he knew that Dipper would prefer it if he wasn't there, but Bill couldn't help it. Even if it hurt more seeing him and knowing Dipper wouldn't like him back, Bill would rather see him than not see him.

Bill really was in love with Dipper, so much so it hurt. His love was literally killing him slowly, yet Bill refused to let go of the love. Bill always got rid of the flower petals, handling them with a soft and gentle hand.

Bill waited for a few hours for Dipper to come back. But when he did arrive, Dipper was very upset. He looked like he was about to cry and he looked like he felt betrayed and angry.

"Yell... you okay Pine Tree?"

Dipper shook his head. "Not really."

"What happened?"

"The date was just a joke to her. She was just messing around with my feelings and trying to get closer to Mabel."

Bill frowned. "That's horrible."

Dipper shrugged. "It's whatever. I mean, I who would like me? There's nothing special about me."

"Nothing special?" Bill scoffed. "Nothing special?!"

Dipper flinched. "B-Bill-"

"Oh gods. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to yell." Bill backed away a little. "It's just, there's so many things that are special about you."

"Like?"

"You're super smart and-" Bill started coughing violently.

Dipper frowned, his fear going away. "Bill?"

"Y-Yeah?"

"Are you okay?"

Bill nodded, holding a hand over his mouth. Blood was starting to drip out of his mouth. "I'm fine."

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm just fine."

Dipper frowned more then slowly started to walk over. He hesitated before pulling Bill into a gentle and warm hug. "You can tell me."

Bill blushed darkly. He kept coughing, it getting worse. The touch caused Bill to cough up more flowers and thorns. Bill's throat ached and bleed.

"Please, I can help."

"H-Hanahaki..."

Dipper paused, his face paling. He knew what it meant. "Who?" Dipper breathed out, sounding worried and shocked, even a little scared.

Bill didn't respond for a while. He wasn't sure if he could talk or what to say. How do you tell someone that you're so in love with them that it's killing you without sounding dumb or needy?

Dipper waited for Bill to tell him. He didn't push or bug him. A part of him knew what Bill could say, but the rest was scared of the thought.

Bill was glad Dipper didn't push it. It was like Dipper knew that it must hurt to talk. Like Dipper knew that Bill's life would be coming to a close very soon.

"Uhm..." Bill mumbled the rest of his answer so quietly that even though the two were standing extremely close, Dipper couldn't hear what Bill had said.

"Hm?"

Bill coughed up one petal and stared at it as it fell to the floor before pulling away from the hug. Dipper titled his head and Bill gently kissed him.

We have two more chapters after this! Yay!

Day that this chapter was completed: 11/14/2021
Word Count: 541