Chapter 5: Dipper's Date

The door opened before he could respond. Pyronica disappeared as soon as Mabel came bursting into the door.

"Bill!" She yelled. "I need your help!"

Bill mumbled, "ever heard of knocking," before clearing his throat "With?"

"Dipper has a date! And you have great fashion sense, so I figured I could come to you for some help."

Bill's heart sank at learning that Dipper has a date with someone who isn't him. "O-Oh, yeah. I can easily help with that. Not a problem."

Mabel grinned, not noticing that his heart had sank and started dragging him into the Shack. "Dip-Dot is super crazy nervous. It's his first date."

"I've gone a few dates, they aren't all that bad. As long as you find the right person. Speaking of which, who's Pine Tree going out with?"

"Pacifica!"

Bill frowned, noting that Dipper was going out with a girl. "I don't see her liking him."

"What do you mean?"

"It's just, Llama seems to have high standards and as amazing as Pine Tree, I don't know if he would fit into those standards. Plus, I always got the impression that she liked you, not him."

Mabel frowned then rolled her eyes "Oh shush, they would be so cute!"

Bill sighed quietly to himself, getting a bad feeling about this date. "If you say so."

Dipper walked into the room, a bunch of clothes piled up in his arms. "Mabes-" he stopped talking for a second, narrowing his eyes at Bill. "I gathered up all my clean clothes like you said to."

Mabel grinned. "Great!"

"But, uhm, why is Cipher here?"

Bill frowned a little, hurt by the usage of his last name and not his first. "Like I would know. I got dragged in here."

"He's here to help pick what to wear then do your hair! Hey! That rhymed!"

Dipper sighed. "Couldn't you just do it yourself?"

"You need to get closer to him!"

"No. I don't."

"Please?"

"No, Mabel."

She gave him puppy eyes. "Please?"

"No."

Bill frowned to himself, coughing up a petal. "Pine-"

"Shut up," Dipper interrupted.

"Dipper, be nice."

"Mabel, why should I?"

"He's trying to be nice to you, the least you could do is be at least try to be nice back."

"He's always trying to force me to hang out with him."

"Cause he wants to get to know you more."

"Well, I don't want to know him!"

Bill frowned and coughed even more, turning away from the twins. He stared at the small amount of petals before shoving them into his pocket and wiping his mouth. He turned back around.

"Just let him help!"

"Fine."

Bill beamed. "Let's do this!"

"Don't get excited."

Bill rolled his eyes, smiling and helped Dipper get ready. In the end, Dipper looked amazing. Bill's heart ached that Dipper wasn't going out with him, but instead the Northwest girl. But, he was happy that he was able to play with Dipper's hair and run his hands through the soft and silky strands.

"Are you picking Paz up or is she picking you up?"

"She's picking me up."

Bill hummed and finishing playing with, I mean, styling Dipper's hair. "Et, you're done!"

"Thanks."

The doorbell rang and Mabel ran to answer it. Soon, Mabel and Pacifica came into the room. Pacifica wore a simple pink dress, pairing well with Dipper's simple light blue dress shirt and black dress pants. Dipper's is outfit caused Bill's face to get tinted pink.

"You look good," Pacifica complimented. Something felt off to Bill. He noticed that Pacifica was looking at Mabel while speaking, not Dipper. Another thing was, the two girls stood way close, Pacifica opting to stand closer to Mabel than Dipper.

"Right back at cha," Dipper shot her finger guns and a wide grin. Mabel giggled at her twin's actions, causing Pacifica to blush. Dipper took her blushing as a sign from his horrible flirting.

Dipper and Pacifica left and Bill frowned. He had a bad feeling about this whole date, but he knew no one would listen to him.

He didn't want to ever see Dipper hurt or come home from a bad date. He wished Dipper was going on a date with him and not Pacifica, but he knew that Dipper would never want to go on a date with Bill Cipher. And Dipper hated Bill.

As much as it hurt, Bill understood why Dipper hated him. He's never been given a chance for Dipper to learn to like him.

Bill sighed to himself and walked back out to the falling apart shed. His bare feet sunk into the mud. He nearly gagged at the feeling of mud between his toes.

He carefully opened the door and sighed. The shed had flooded and the roof was sinking in.

"Oh yay," Bill said sarcastically. "This is what I have to deal with."

He knelt down in the middle, water swishing around him. "Gross. I think there's something alive in the water."

Day that this chapter was completed: 11/13/2021
Word Count: 845