Meeting with Mr Hendricks

Part Thirty-Five

Mr Blackbourne's POV

I did up my tie and looked across at where Sean was finishing up his breakfast; some sort of cereal that was aimed at children. He saw me watching him and grinned.

We had left Sang's earlier, North and Luke had picked us up and dropped us back so that we could shower and change and Sean had even managed to pack in a bowl of kids cereal. He kept trying to get me to try them, but I was wary of anything that cheerful looking first thing in the morning. The rather strange looking cartoon aliens on the box did nothing to encourage me either. I would stick to my toast.

I slid my phone from my pocket and texted Sang, she should be up by now. I had not wanted to leave her earlier, neither did Sean, but it wouldn't do for her father to see us with her just yet. I wanted to see her tell me she loved me. She usually ended her texts with that and it never failed to make my heart dip.

My phone vibrated as I was putting on my shoes. I opened the message and dropped my shoe in surprise when I read her reply.

"What's wrong?" Sean came over straight away and I handed him my phone while I picked my shoe up again.

Sang: Im fine. See yoi later.

"Something's wrong," I told him. Her texts were always well put together and I had never seen a spelling mistake yet.

He handed me back my phone and took out his own, going to the section that would show us the cameras in her house. I hastily tied up my other shoe and stood up. I shrugged into my jacket and grabbed Sean's bag and my own.

"Got her, she's in the kitchen with her father and she's holding her cheek. He's hit her or struck her with something!" He reached out for the bags freeing my hands as we headed towards the car quickly.

Sean locked up and slid into the drivers seat as I got into the passenger seat. There was no way I could drive, text and watch her on the phone.

I sent her a text asking her what was wrong with her cheek and telling her that we were watching her. I hoped she'd look up and around but all she did was straighten up as if she wanted to hide her state from me. I tapped another message and watched her through Sean's phone on my lap.

"I've told her to switch on the taps if she needs us," I said.

"Of course, she needs us, Owen! He just hit her one!" he snapped and took a right turn at the bottom of the road.

"No, take us to the school. Kota and Nathan will get her out and bring her to us."

Sean nodded and with precision did a u-turn and drove in the direction of the school as I texted Kota.

Mr Blackbourne: Get Sang out of the house. Take Nathan. Meet us at the office in school. We think her father has hit her.

"Get North and Luke to pick them up," Sean said. "His car is more intimidating than Kota's car."

I nodded and texted North telling him what to.

"What about the others, do we text them?" Sean asked and stopped at a red light.

"I'm going to get them all to come straight to the office but we'll wait till they're there before we say anything." I said and started sending a group text to the other boys.

Mr Blackbourne: Leave for school now and meet us in the office.

"One more thing, isn't it?" Sean murmured and shook his head as he took a roundabout neatly. "There's always one more thing she has to deal with."