An Idea

Sang's POV

I listened carefully to Kota go over what had been done on the house.  Mr Blackbourne chipped in occasionally and I was relieved to hear that I would most probably be back there by Sunday at the latest.  

Gabriel went over what he had managed to salvage and what he had to order in and I was disconcerted to hear that the bedroom downstairs was also being finished as well.  I really didn't want to sleep in there, but I kept quiet as Victor started to tell everyone how the security had been given a successful update and that he would go over the security here after we had finished.

North and Silas said that they had gone around to the Bennet's house, but nothing had seemed out of place.

"We need to get her phone wired," Kota said looking at Mr Blackbourne.  "There was no sign of Tim there but we..."

"Tim?" I looked over at him.  "I thought he was locked up."

"He was given 30 days in a juvenile correction facility outside Charleston, due to an evaluation that the Department of Juvenile Justice supplied in the Family Court," Mr Blackbourne spoke up.  "He was due to be released today."

I didn't quite know how to take that news.

"We weren't hiding it from you, we only found out ourselves to day," Sean spoke up and I looked at him blankly.  That hadn't even crossed my mind, I was too busy thinking that he was released and....

"Will he be coming back into the school?" I asked.  Victor slid his arm around my shoulders.

"No," Mr Blackbourne shook his head.  "There was a School Board meeting at seven this evening, I came straight back here from it.  Mr Hendricks tried, damn him, but they were easy to sway on that one.  He affected too many students to even contemplate allowing him back into the school."

"Why did he only get 30 days?" I squeaked.  "He was forcing people to have sex, isn't that rape?"

"The pictures we found were all taken with consent of the other person, in other ways they knew he was taking them.  Or in some cases they even sent the pictures to him, he worked smoothly at first and then verbally blackmailed them, which he insisted where only jokes.  The text messages we found? Most of the students were underage and their parents refused to press charges, they didn't want their kids dragged even further into it as all participants were willing partners to start with.  They didn't want anything on their records that would go through life with them.  Most of the pictures were taken when he was 15, he didn't turn 16 until the end of December.  He was given a evaluation and they concluded that he was immature for his age.  His attorney told the judge that he was frightened of "Losing" the friendships he had built up with the kids and the "threats" were not intended to blackmail but to try and keep them with him, or in most cases just jokes."

"And the judge believe that load of bullshit?" Gabriel demanded and I realised that most of this was new to them as well.

"They have to go on the evaluation, and..." Sean looked at Mr Blackbourne.  "They were inclined to think that he had suffered enough and with the seriousness of the assault he had learnt his lesson."