David

Sang's POV

By the time I arrived at Music, my hand clasped firmly in Silas' grip, Tom was already there leaning against the wall.

Silas nodded at him in greeting. He bent, kissed me and then I was saying goodbye as I knocked on the door.

"You ready?" I asked Tom, as I waved to Silas and Victor as they carried on to their lesson.

He straightened and nodded his head as I opened the door and stepped through. I saw Mr Blackbourne at the piano and Dr Green sitting in his usual spot marking.

"Mr Blackbourne, Dr Green," I said careful to keep my tone polite and informal.

"Come in, Miss Sorenson, Mr Drew," Mr Blackbourne spoke up and I was instantly taken back to how he was all those months ago when I first met him. It made me realised just how much he had relaxed with me since then. I was going to miss him in these lessons.

Tom shut the door behind him and placed his book bag where I had put mine and then waited.

"Ok, I'm going to be brutally frank with you both," Mr Blackbourne spoke up, hands behind his back. "I can't see this working purely because you are both at different levels. But because of circumstances you will both be in this class together. We don't have much time left, and some of it is going to be taken up with finishing the HEP classes that were stopped before Christmas." He sighed heavily, not trying to hide his displeasure at the situation.

"I can't see how I can do both of you justice when you are both at two completely different levels of ability." He crossed to the piano and drew forward both of our cases.

"Excuse me, Mr Blackbourne, sir," Tom spoke up and I saw Mr Blackbourne stiffen slightly and then he was turning to look back at him.

"Please, Mr Drew, either or, not both," he said and I saw Tom flush. I saw Dr Green hide a smile behind his hand as he turned a paper over with his other hand. His eyes slid towards me and I saw the humour clearly in his eyes and then he was looking back down at his paper.

"Sorry, sir," Tom said and took his case from Mr Blackbourne. "I was wondering though, we have midterms coming up soon, how many lessons are we going to have to give up for HEP?"

"Too many," snorted Mr Blackbourne. "I'm working on getting you both out of the last two weeks of HEP. Unless you feel you would benefit from them..." he faded out but it was obvious he was asking Tom.

"No, Sir, I'd much rather continue with my lessons with you. I completed HEP already anyway."

"You did?" Dr Green looked up in surprise.

"Sir, we had Abstinence Only courses, not as long as the Abstinence Plus course you do here."

"Excellent," Mr Blackbourne said. "Your records have yet to reach us, but when they do it will be on file. How about you Miss Sorenson? Do you feel you could benefit from the final overview that will take place in HEP before your test?"

I blushed and shook my head, not expecting him to ask me that.

"Um, no, Sir, I mean, Mr Blackbourne, that is, I don't need to go over it again," I stumbled over my words and saw him narrow his eyes slightly at me. I reached forward for my case and avoided his eyes again.

"Ok, leave it to me and I will try to get them wavered for both of you. Mr Drew, I want you to go over the music sheets on the table and put all notation in. The first line has been done for you. Miss Sorenson, we shall work on your scales."

I was nervous now. I could play in front of Mr Blackbourne and Dr Green quite happily, but the thought of showing just how bad I was in front of someone who wasn't one of my guys was oddly nerve wracking.