Texting Blake

It occurred to me the other day that when I worked out who Volto was for this story, it's because that's who I think he is in the books. (I'm probably wrong)  But I totally forgot that there are a lot of people who don't read the Scarab Beetle stories and so it wouldn't make much sense.  SB is another team and they have a "bird" who is called Kayli Winchester, and she's not Academy.  Axel Toma is their liaison to the Academy, like Mr Blackbourne is for Kota's team.  Blake Coaltar is the protagonist (?) for some of the stories, and he has a clever techie friend called Doyle (Doyle helped him kidnap her in the car accident and he's who Blake used to track the pig's blood) Sorry if that was a clear as mud.  I should have added that sooner.

Also, I'm so sorry this has taken so long to get up.  I sweated over this one, it was really hard to get through this.

I'm also bummed that I've run out of time as I was trying to get the next part up as well as they fit together.  It will be up tomorrow night I promise.  Hope you enjoy this one.... tomorrow's was more fun to write though. ;) ;)

Sang's POV

"Please inform me why you were outside the house earlier this morning?" I read it with a frown and looked sideways at Dr Green in doubt.

"She can't send that," he snorted, and I was glad he agreed with me.

"Why not?" demanded Mr Blackbourne.

"Because, Owen, it sounds like you, not her," Dr Green said with exasperation.  He looked at me and inclined his head.  "Write what you would put and then read it out loud to us."

I erased Mr Blackbourne's words, aware of the snort that left Mr Blackbourne's nose, but I didn't look at him.

Sang:  Why were you outside my house?

"Hmmm," was all Mr Blackbourne said before nodding at me to send it.

I hit sent, the atmosphere in the room was still thick with tension and I knew we were a long way from being ok.  It was so quiet you could hear a pin drop, even Gabriel and Luke were quiet as they all gathered around us.  I held the phone in my lay, my finger tightly curled around it, my stomach was wound so tight it was aching.  My eyes glued to the screen waiting to see if he would reply; I was on tenterhooks, my heart beating so fast I was sure everyone could hear it.

My phone flashed, vibrated and I jumped sky high, nearly losing my grip on the phone.  I swiped the screen with a shaky finger.  

Most of them could see the screen but Dr Green read it out anyway for Mr Blackbourne who still sitting opposite me.

Unknown Caller: ? C'mon, Sang, you know my opinion of anything Academy related.  They couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery. Someone cut your trampoline.  Remember?

"Fucking asshole!" Gabriel snorted right in my ear and I winced, but it was lost in the cacophony of noise from the others.

"Who the fuck does he think he is?" boomed North.  I looked up into the steel grey eyes of Mr Blackbourne; he was just watching me, but I could see the calculating going on in his brain.