Stockholm Syndrome

We're still riding a bumpy road, but don't worry the potholes will be filled in soon.  I think. :)

Sang's POV

I lay in his arms, my legs tangled with his, my head on his chest.

"Did you mean it when you asked about the implant?" he said, breaking the silence that had fallen over us.

I nodded, stifling a yawn, behind my fingers.

"You've had three periods that were on time," he mused and traced his fingers through my hair.  "Did you ever miss any before August?"

"No, I was a late starter, but once I got them, it was every month," I said.

"I'll get it set up," he murmured.  "You're half way through a month so it will take seven days to kick in, which means if you have sex any time after it's put in, you must use a condom.  It'll last for three years, you might get a few side effects, so I want to know anything out of the ordinary.  To start with it might actually muck up your regularity, but it will settled down.  Some girls it makes them heavier, some lighter.  We'll play it by ear, ok?"

I nodded, yawning again.  He reached over for his phone and checked the time.

"Sang, it's almost five, you're going to have to go back to your own bed in case Marie comes down."

"Yeah, in a minute," I agreed, quite warm and comfortable and not willing to move just yet.  I snuggled down a bit more and closed my eyes.  

"Sang, Pookie, Luke was taking you on your date today," he murmured and I lifted my head to look at him.  "But this needs to be sorted out with them first," he added.

"Yes."  I knew he was right.

"There's also the added fact that now we don't know if that was an idiot behind us last night or someone more dangerous."

"What do you mean?" I asked him, lifting my hands to fold my arms on his chest and rest my chin on them.

"I mean, that they might not be willing to let you and Luke go off on your own," he said.  

I remembered how it had felt last night when he had been right on our tail, it had been scary.

"He succeeded with Victor," he said quietly.  "It could have been far worse for Victor."

"It was scary," I admitted, remembering with clarity how badly it had shook Victor up.  "If he'd not been wearing his belt..." I faded out, unwilling to vocalise what could have happened.

"I know.  It's enough to bring me out in a cold sweat," he said seriously.  "We can't do anything that could put any of us in a dangerous position."

"You think we should wait?" I asked him.

"I think our dates should be closer to home, in fact right at home.  Let Luke bring a couple of movies over, play some games, but stay where you're safe."