Welcome home

Part Forty Four

Mr Blackbourne's POV

This was going to be hard. We were five minutes out from the school and twenty minutes late. We were due to arrive back at the school for 12.30 pm, but a hold up on one of the highways has delayed us.

I knew that Sang would be there with the rest of my brothers and I knew that Silas was the only one who could be demonstrative with her. The rest of her would have to wait until we were out of sight of everyone else and that was going to be very hard. Especially when we knew exactly what she'd gone through only minutes after we left her on Friday.

Kota had rung us this morning with an update, telling us that she'd had an incident with Gabriel when he had been checking the fit of the gown she was to wear tonight. He'd explained that Gabriel had walked her through it and it had resulted in her crying for a good ten minutes, but she seemed to have moved past it.

She had also educated herself, I'm not sure why that had surprised me at first. When we'd had five minutes to ourselves, Sean and I had googled Polyandry and while some of it was negative, a lot of it was interesting.

I didn't particularly care what anyone thought, outside of my family. I didn't even care what the Academy would think, I just cared about my family. Anderson's team had shown me that the Academy would accept our family anyway, as long as we could prove that Sang was willing to stay with us. Love wouldn't be a problem, but trust was still something we had to build in her. The week coming up in the lodge would prove helpful for that. It had been an excellent way of bonding in the past and I hoped it would prove to be the same this time as well.

If Sang didn't fully trust us when the Academy came calling, we could well lose her. They could tempt her away. I had talked this over with Sean last night and I don't think he was completely joking when he said that the Tibetan Mountains might well be an option. I knew that when we thought there was a possibility the authorities would take her away, North and Silas had sorted out a way of leaving the country. That told me a lot. That told me that every one of them would give up the Academy for her. When I found out that Silas had sorted it for ten to leave, including me, I had realised that I too, would give up anything to keep her safe and with us.

"Nearly there," Sean sighed from beside me. He was tired and I knew he had a shift tonight starting at midnight at the hospital. He was burning the candle at both ends again. The reservation I had made tonight was for 6.30pm and I debated whether to get him to try and sleep until it was time to leave. Gabriel had arranged it that he and Sang would go to my house and she'd get ready there. The others would get ready independently and then meet up at mine for 6pm. If Sean got ready at five, and we got home by two, it would give him a couple of hours.

"When we get back, lie down till five," I told him and he snorted.

"Yes, dad," he teased me, we were both watching out of the window now. We were turning into the road that would lead to the school.

"You can't keep going all day and all night and then turn up at school tomorrow."

"Kota said she didn't sleep well last night, maybe I can get her to settle down with me for an hour," he said.

"Good idea," I agreed. Kota had said that she'd spent the better part of the night awake, claiming that she was too excited to sleep knowing we were coming back today. It made my heart constrict.

"Here we go," he said and I heard North and Silas move behind us until we were all looking out of the windows. There was quite a few parents and students here to welcome home the conquering heroes, but there was only six faces I was interested in seeing.