Answers

Part Eighty-Two

Sang's POV

I was still engulfed in North and Luke when I heard another car come pulling to a halt. North and Luke stepped back reluctantly and Kota was in front of me. He lifted my hands and counted my fingers and then he was gripping my cheeks and I saw a tear slip from the corner of his eye and it completely undid me. I threw myself at him, my arms going around his neck as he hugged me close.

"Oh god, Sang, I am so sorry," he was saying as he rocked me from side to side. "I saw him take you and I couldn't do anything, I couldn't get to you."

"It's ok, I'm ok, Kota, I'm fine. He didn't hurt me, Kota, honestly."

"I'm never letting you out of my sight again," he grunted into my neck.

"It's over, Kota. He won't be back," I said and he tightened his hold on me.

Another car arrived and I heard slamming doors and then I was pulled away from Kota, turned and lifted right up from the ground into Silas.

"Aggele mou," he engulfed me completely, I was buried in his arms, my face against his neck and I loved it. I wound my arms around his neck and held on.

"Sang," I heard Dr Green's voice and Silas was setting me down again, kissing me on the top of my head and then he turned me and I went into Dr Green's arms.

"Are you hurt anywhere? Did he hurt you?" he was demanding me as he pulled back slightly raking his worried eyes over me.

"No, Sean, honestly, we just talked, that's all," I promised him and I was back into his arms and his mouth was by my ear.

"Sang, I'm sorry, but never again. We didn't catch him, but this stops now. No more."

I ran a hand through his hair and nodded into his neck and I felt him physically sag slightly. A hand rested on my back and Dr Green lifted his head.

"Sang?" It was Mr Blackbourne.

Dr Green released me and I turned and without waiting I went into him, I buried my face against his neck and wound my arms around his waist. He hugged me tighter to him and shuddered.

"We can't do this again, Sang. He's got to you too many times. I can't let you do this again. I love you far too much to ever go through that again."

"He won't bother us anymore," I told him, but he made no reply.

"Where's Victor, Gabriel and Nathan?" I asked him, my head still on his shoulder.

"Victor remained behind to use the traffic system to find you, but he is on his way to where we left Gabriel and Nathan, they are with your father still."

"My father.." I had forgotten all about him. In my desperation to see them all, I had forgotten him.

Mr Blackbourne slid me forwards slightly and then the others were around me, hands reaching out to touch me somewhere as if to reassure themselves they really had me.

I saw North move away and I watched him, he crossed to his bike and stood it upright and kicked the stand on. He came back towards me and I caught a movement behind him, up by the entrance to the main route. I saw the blue car sitting there, the window down and the white of the face mask as he sat there watching. He must have come back and I wondered if he was making sure that I was ok until they had come for me.

He raised a hand in a farewell gesture and I lifted my own hand and then he was pulling away.

"Who are you waving at?" Kota demanded and the boys spun quickly. North started back towards his bike, but I caught his elbow and held on to him.