Chapter 17: Ink

Ed's POV :

After a morning bath with her I felt like I could do anything. I was still soar, but she was worth every ache that I had and I decided that from now on, if I was in pain, I only wanted it to be from her. Nothing else was worth my time.

She came out of my room with one of my red shirts on and began to bring out the things for breakfast. She looked in my fridge and I could tell she was disappointed.

"Edward."

I couldn't tell if her use of my full name was a sign that she was angry, but i knew that I liked the way of sounded with her accent.

"Am I in trouble?" I was nervous that the answer would be yes.

She looked back from the fridge in a strange way, "Why would you be in trouble?" she then laughed a bit and walked to lean onto the kitchen counter.

Of course.

Even when she had just woken up and her long messy hair was tossed around her shoulders, she looked amazing.

"Ed I'm just saying that all I see is beer, some ice cream, and fajita mix. You're so hopeless sometimes love." She gave another little smile and went back to the cabinets.

I looked down and mumbled, "I love you."

She found the pancake mix and started finding all of the bowls and pans to make it. She disappeared behind me to fill the mix with water.

As I started to hum to myself and look out the window wondering what we would do with the day I felt two small arms around my back.

"I love you too" she gave my a calm kiss on the cheek and grabbed the mix.

"I didn't think you could--"

"I hear everything " she added a wink and turned back around.

" I'm going to get dressed, tell me if the pancakes finish" I walked past her and kissed her on her head.

"Ok"

_____________________________

"I'm not kidding when I say that you make the best pancakes I've ever eaten."

"Well that's shocking because I'm a terrible cook, I'm not kidding."

I couldn't help but grin.

"What?" she asked.

"I'm bad too."

"Looks like we're going to eat out a lot." she shared my smile. She laughed a bit and looked down to her pancakes as she pushed them around her plate, "So what did you want to do today?"

"I was going to ask you, but it seems that you have an idea already. " she had the look that showed that she was almost afraid to ask. She nodded and looked back at me. Her hands slid across the table and reached for my arms. I didn't understand.

" Does mean that you want to head back the the bedroom? " I joked.

She gave me a little slap. "No, I was thinking last night..."

"Just spit it out love. "

Her thumb made circles on my arm warming my body, " I want one." I realized what she meant now. Her eyes had not left my arms since she started the conversation. That was normal for some people considering that I have built up quite a large collection of tattoos, but she hadn't showed that much thought until last night.

"That's fantastic Leylah. Are you sure?"

She nodded, but her eyes still locked on my arms. She was nervous about something.