Chapter 35: Travel

Leylah's POV :

I woke up to the sound of birds singing their own individual songs. My arms stretched out and I rolled to my other side, reaching out my hand and receiving a handful of blanket.

"Edward!" I yelled as loud as I possibly could.

I waited a few seconds and heard from down the hall.

"Yes, beautiful?" I heard him yell back in his morning voice and I sat up while he shuffled down the hall. He peered his head in, "Look who's finally up."

"Barely" I leaned against the wall behind me.

"Well, good morning anyways" he smiled and walked to the end of the bed.

"You know, this whole 'leave Leylah while she's still sleeping' thing is not really ok with me."

"Sorry, I just had some things to do. And you need rest" he fake glared at me.

"Speaking of things to do, what's with your suitcase?"

He grinned like a four year old, "I have a surprise for you."

"If you have a surprise that I have to put effort into and pack for it, you need to be here first" I looked at him seriously and pointed to the spot next to me.

"No protest from me" he looped around the side of the bed and lifted the covers. I closed my eyes and almost immediately after the bed moved, I was pulled in with an 'umf' to his chest. As I inhaled, I let his smell of soap and slight sweat fill my nose and calm me. "Could you do me a favor and pack some stuff for a few days and get ready while I go get some food?"

"Give me five more minutes."

He laughed quietly, "Okay, Leylah."

___________________________________________

After many protests from me, we were up and I helped Ed adjust his hood as he was moving out the door.

"I'll be back soon, give me about an hour" he shrugged to fix the shoulders of the hoodie.

I moved to the door frame and leaned my writing on it, still physically tired, "Okay, I'll be ready."

He smiled and gave a 'thank you' as he closed the door.

As I moved back into the living room area, I took off my underwear and bra and headed to the bathroom. When I turned the water on, the steam started to full the room almost immediately.

My time in the shower was important and it was near the only time that I sung with my full voice, even more that Ed wasn't home.

I must've gotten lost in the warm feeling of the water and the familiar lyrics and tune of my song, because out of nowhere the shower curtain opened and a towel wrapped around my body. I was pulled into a kiss and saw a flash of ginger, my eyes still mostly closed.

"Ed, oh my god, I thought I was about to be killed." I let out a huge breath and used the towel to wipe off my eyes.

"I love you" his eyes were serious and burned through mine as they did every so often.

"I love you too, Ed" I smiled and stood on my toes to kiss him this time. His arms wrapped around me and I could tell that he was getting wet from my dripping hair, but neither of us cared. My hands found the sides of his face and pushed back through his hair. To my surprise, he let out a soft moan and I laughed into his lips, "Sorry love, but not until the stitches are out. Doctors orders."

He made a pouty face then unwrapped his arms, setting me down lightly. I placed one last kiss on his cheek, "An hour, okay?"

"Sir yes sir" I closed the curtain and continued my shower.

___________________________________________________

I had gotten dressed into jeans, a sweater and a scarf when I rolled my suitcase out to the door area. It had been a little past an hour and I decide to make food for the way to wherever we were going.

In the middle of a pancake flipping, the door swung open and Ed practically hopped into the door with multiple bags in his hands, "Sorry that I'm late!" he fell over onto the floor, saving the bags.

"You're a mess" I walked over and helped him up.

"You look great" I looked down.

"Okay" I made sure there was a time of sarcasm. He didn't respond, but as he walked past, I received a kiss on the temple.

" Amazing! Pancakes! You know how to make me weak."

"Does that mean I can know where we're going?"

"Not hardly" he grabbed a container and put the made pancakes inside, "You ready?"

"As I'll ever be."

_________________________________________________

When we made it out the front doors of the building, Ed got a cab. He said in next to me and his fingers tangled in mine and I felt his hand shaking. I moved my body to lean against his and placed my hand on his knee, "Are you ok, love?"

"Yeah, just kinda nervous and excited. My body is not handling it well."

"Well now I'm nervous."

His other hand came up to my arm and made incoherent lines over my skin, "Oh no no, you should just be excited."

When I looked up to his face he was smiling, but I could tell that his nerves were on end. My chin was tickled by his scruff as I gave him a kiss on the cheek, "Okay, I'll try to be excited."

_____________________________________________

We pulled up to the airport and I moved away from him,"We are flying?" I looked at him in confusion.

"Yeah, why?" he looked worried.

"My worst fear is flying, Ed" I let a scared look wash over my face.

His face dropped and he lost his ability to speak. After a few seconds of my torture I chimed in again and lifter his chin, "Ed, I'm kidding" I smiled at him.

"Dammit Leylah."

"I love you" I opened the door and grabbed my luggage and when Ed grabbed his we made our way into the airport.

________________________________________________

"If you look out your window, you will see Suffolk. We are preparing for landing, please put your seat belts back on if you are not already buckled" the woman clicked off the speakers.

"Suffolk? Why are we coming here?"

"I'm not telling."

"Am I going to meet some of your old friends."

"Sort of."

"Well that's specific" he just grinned.

__________________________________________________

We stood in front of a small house where the cab driver dropped us off.

"Follow me!" he grabbed my hand and I almost tripped over my feet.

As as ran up the steps he had let go of my hand and knocked on the door and I met him, "Ed, where are we?"

When the door swung open, a woman stood in front of me and a huge smile grew on her face, "Ed!" she reached out for him and when he grabbed her they hugged, I saw glimpses of both of their smiling faces.

"Mom, this is Leylah."

"Oh, we've heard such great things about you! Gosh she's beautiful Ed" she fake covered her mouth and I felt my face grow warm.

"It's nice to meet you" I gave my best smile, but I was terrified about what impression I might make soon.

_______________________________________________

Short chapter, I know, but I didn't save when I was writing earlier today so I had to rewrite everything. Blah. This is kinda the preview to the next chapter which is gonna be really exciting guys, just be patient! You guys are the best and I'll post again soon. Love you, stay beautiful X :)

P. S. Comment what you thought as usual :)