Chapter 44: With This Ring

Ed's POV :

"Ed. Mate. Snap out of it." Murray was standing at the door and calling to me. "I'm going to get her. You need to go to the alter."

"Shit, do I have time to throw up?" I asked quickly.

He laughed and walked out and left the door open for me.

I walked down the hall and took a deep breath as I stood in front of the doors, stunned by what I was about to walk into. Pushing one of the two huge wooden doors open, I was greeted with the sight of the huge sanctuary. There were glass windows that Leylah loved so much. Neither of us were religious, but we couldn't deny the beauty of the art.

As I walked down the eisle, I waved to a few people and said hello to those who greeted me. It was all a blur due to my nervousness. I got to the alter and turned around, just to stare at the doors. The seconds seemed like hours, and time passed in slow motion. With every breath I took, my head began to stir more and until I was almost certain that I was going to fall over. Realizing that I still had around ten minutes, I finally looked around the rest of the room. People were having conversations with the others around them. I looked at my whole family, who took up the first two rows on either side of pews. The rest of the seats were taken up by family friends, my crew, and old friends from Suffolk. At the end of each pew, there was a small bouquet of Leylah's favorite flowers, Lily of the Valley. As I was taking a deep breath in to smell how their scent filled the room, Murray came down the eisle and came to stand next to me, as my best man. "Ed, she looks amazing. They're right out there and ready. It's all happening man." He was smiling and patted me on the back, but my head dropped to look at my feet. Leylah had encouraged me to wear my Converse a few days before and I was convinced that the church wouldn't let me, but they listened to her. I took heavy breaths and tried to count to a hundred.

"Please stand. Presenting, Leylah King."

_________________________________________________

Leylah's POV :

I followed Murray as we walked down the hall to the big doors.

As we stood, I started feel another wave of nervousness. Pacing was worse. The nerve wracking sound of my dress dragging on the ground came back, sending me into more panic.

"Murray, what if I pass out up there?"

"Having second thoughts?" he looked up nervously.

"No. I'm just dying of nervousness over here."

He came up and grabbed my shoulders, "Leylah, stop. You know that after these few minutes everything will be fine and you guys will be happier than ever. Just keep thinking that and you might be fine."

I sighed and jumped, "Nervous?" John said from behind me.

I let my breath out, "Jesus. You scared me half to death."

"You already looked dead from nervousness. I thought I brought you back to life" he chuckled. I was far from laughing.

"I'd say" Murray added.

"Shut up, Murr" I retorted and he put his hands up.

John walked toward me and looked me up and down. "You look perfect" he smiled.

"Thank you" I managed to get out.

"How do I look?" Murray asked.

We both turned to him and both gave him the 'Are you kidding me?' look.

"Wonderful" I said.

"Thanks, Ley."

"Anytime."