Chapter 22: Eyes Open

Leylah's POV:

My head is pounding.

That was my first thought as I could feel myself waking up.

"Where am I?" I opened my eyes to a hospital. A HOSPITAL? "Ed?"

I looked over and saw him sitting in a chair with his head resting on the bed and his hand was locked onto mine. "Thank God." I whispered and sat back into the pillows. How did I get here? Didn't I just fall asleep outside of the apartment?

"Ed. Love." I shook him a little and he popped up his head.

"Leylah, you're awake." he got up in excitement and leaned down and kissed my forehead. "You have no idea how worried I was." he was almost crying.

"Ed, baby I'm ok. I just bumped my head and it hurts a bit." I reached for his hand and squeezed it, "I'm good now."

He smiled and hit the call button for a doctor.

A nurse came in and they both lit up.

" Welcome back, Leylah." she said. "You had quite a night I guess."

"Scared me to death." Ed muffled under his breath. I glanced at him and gave his hand a squeeze and he looked up and smiled with his sad eyes.

"Yeah, so what happened to me?" I could not wait to hear what trouble my emotions got me into this time.

"Well, you have an amazing boyfriend, and I don't just mean his singing voice." she smiled at him then back at me. Must be a fan of his, who isn't though? "He realized that something was wrong and found you outside the door, but you had passed out. He got scared and called for help and it turns out that you were just a little dehydrated and you must have been crying and under high levels of stress."

"Yeah, that sounds right." I remembered falling asleep while crying, but I must have passed out instead. I looked at Ed and nudged him. "Thank you." he smiled again.

"When can we go home?" he asked curiously.

"Whenever she's ready. We got her stable. Hope everything goes well Leylah. Drink LOTS of water." And she was gone.

"You heard her, let's get out of here." I sat up.

"Leylah, you said your head hurt. Are you sure you want to go?" his eyebrows furrowed and she didn't budge.

"Yes Ed. The pain is gone now, it was only when I first got up." I really wanted to go back home and lay with him for the rest of the day. I was a bit tired, but that's all.

"Ok, as long as you're ready." he helped me sit up.

"As I'll ever be." and I kissed him on the cheek.

________________________________

I got dressed into the shorts and socks that I had been wearing the night before, but I only had a sports bra on when I went out to play Lloyd, so Ed gave me his jumper.

"Let's just walk home. It's only a few blocks." he offered as we walked outside.

"Ed, I don't really feel up to walking." I really didn't. My legs were getting soar already. Dehydration really wears you out.

"I had your parents bring the car over." he suggested.

"That sounds fantastic." I said in relief. He grabbed my hand and walked to the car.

He didn't even know how to drive and I gladly took the wheel.

I pulled out of the parking lot and we were finally going to go back home. Things are going to be normal again.

__________________________________

She didn't die guys, it's alright. She just passed out. And he is such a good boyfriend in this. Just sleeping by her while she sleeps. Anyways, I hope you like it and I might write another chapter now, but idk. Love you all. Comment what you think. Stay beautiful :) X ❤