Chapter 24: Cocky

Click, clack, click, clack… The sound of heels on the hard wood floor of the campus cafeteria rang out the room loudly. Many heads turned in the couple’s direction, not that they noticed. They only had eyes for each other, giggling and talking with each other happily.

Needy and Jen barely even noticed what a spectacle they were every time they entered a public place. They both know that they were both utterly beautiful, but they both forgot what kinda effect that had on people. They were both far too wrapped up in each other to pay attention to anyone else anyway.

That day, everyone turned to stare at them. Boys’ eyes roamed their bodies as they smirked at the idea of a pair of lesbians. Disgusting fantasies ran through their minds as they stared at the two beautiful women. Though, everyone could see how in love they were and no one actually tried anything. Until that day.

One of the jocks from a large group split off to try and talk to them. He waited until Needy had left to get their food and Jennifer had sat down at a table, waiting for her. He strolled up to Jen, a cocky smile on his lips. He knew that her and Needy were the tightest couple in the whole college, but for some reason, he thought he had a chance. He thought Jennifer looked like the kinda girl who was up for some action on the side and he’d heard stories of guys coming back from parties at her place roughed up and not remembering anything. Anyone who did that to guys had to be up for some fun. Or so he thought.

Jennifer looked up as she saw him approach. “Hey, Johnny. Something I can do for you?”
“Actually, its what I can do for you.”
“Huh?”
“I was wondering if you wanted to go out for a drink some time?” He smiled at her hopefully, his sky-blue eyes twinkling enticingly. Jennifer stared at him for a moment, dumbfounded. She didn’t quite understand what he meant. For her, it was very odd. She didn’t even think about who was interested in her anymore, so she didn’t know what he was getting at. There was no need for her to think about who was and wasn’t interested in her since she had Needy and she really didn’t care about anyone else. Not like that anyway. “You know, just the two of us... drinking... maybe head back to my place...”
“Wait... Do you mean like a date...?” She asked, still unsure of what he actually meant by any of that.
“Yes, exactly. So, when you free?” He smirked confidently, thinking that meant she was into it. But at that, Jennifer’s face screwed up in disgust. She hated how cocky he was and she hated boys like that. Especially after what being with them had done to her.
“Ew, no. I’m not. I’m spending most nights with my girlfriend and I’m not free for a date with you until the tenth of never. My days of fucking around with you dumb boys just because i could are over. I love Needy and no one else has a chance. Everyone knows that. Asshole.”  She hissed angrily, rather disgusted by the very idea of it.

Nearby, the group of boys he’d been standing with before were laughing at his failed attempt. He pretended not to be awkward or embarrassed about it, but it was plain to see that he was. Before Johnny could go anywhere, Needy came back with a tray of food, though it was mostly for her. She smiled politely at him as she sat down next to Jen. “Hey, Johnny. Would you like to join us?” Johnny opened his mouth to reply, but no sound came. In fact, Jennifer answered for him.
“No, he was just leaving actually.”
“Oh, in that case, bye.”
“Uh, yeah, bye.” He muttered quietly, sullenly sulking off back to his friends.

After he’d gone, Needy started eating. “What was he doing over here then?” She asked as she ate.
“He asked me out on a date actually. But don’t worry, those days are over for me. I love you and I don’t want anyone else.”
“Who says I was worried? I have every faith in you. But its nice that you told me anyway. And I love you too. So much.”
“So, you’re not mad?”
“No, I am. Very mad. But not with you. But I can sort that out in a bit anyway.” Jennifer didn’t really know what that meant, but she didn’t argue.

Needy and Jen made casual conversation after that as Needy ate. Jennifer couldn’t eat, so she just took swigs from her flask every so often. When Needy had finished, she left the tray there and walked right up to Johnny and his friends, Jen trailing behind her. They were still standing at the side-line, talking amongst themselves.

“Johnny, I want to have a word with you.” She said, burning holes through the pack of boys until they parted to reveal Johnny in the middle. He stepped forward, still smirking and putting on a macho persona so as not to appear intimidated by a girl.
“Yeah? What’s up?” Needy clenched her teeth. She hated that smug look on his face and she hated that he’d tried to steal her girlfriend. Even if it hadn’t worked.

She clenched her fist and slugged him right in the face. She tried to go gentle and not use her super strength, but with the tempest of aggression swirling in her chest, it was hard to hold back. He went flying. His whole body was launched 10 feet away. He landed hard on his side, laying down on the hard wood floor. The whole room went quiet. It was so silent that you could hear a pin drop. Everyone turned to stare at the display. Johnny stared at her, open-mouthed.

“Never try to make a move on my girlfriend again. Or you’ll end up in the hospital. And don’t think I’m joking.” She growled, glaring at him. He stayed silent for a moment and she turned to leave.

“Ow, fuck. She really hurt me, guys. I think my arm’s broken.” He whined, but no one seemed to notice or care. Needy certainly didn’t. And neither did Jennifer. Jen just stared at Needy proudly, very glad she was her girlfriend. She loved her so much. And just like that, there were no more attempts to lure either of them away from each other. Everyone just left them alone from then on, which they were both glad of.