Chapter 28: Feeding Time

“Jen! I’m all your tonight, honey.” Needy smiled as she walked into Jennifer’s dorm room. Jennifer looked up from where she was sitting on the couch with a little pout.
“Only tonight?”
“Oh, shush. You know I’m all yours always and forever.” She chuckled, sitting down with her. She wrapped her arms around her as she cuddled into her. Jennifer smiled, wrapping her arms around her in return.

Needy looked up at her, frowning a little. There were dark circles under her eyes and her hair was a mess. Her eyes were dull and lifeless. “Are you okay, honey? You look kinda tired.”
“I guess I’ve probably not been drinking enough.” She muttered tiredly.
“You can have some now if you like. I don’t want you to get too dehydrated.” Jen shook her head.
“No. The needle is in the bedroom and I don’t wanna get up right now.”
“Well, you could try getting it right from the source. If you think you could.”

Jennifer thought about that for a moment, both thrilled and kinda scared by the idea. She was definitely in control enough to try now, but the thought of losing that control terrified her, especially with Needy. After a few moments, she nodded apprehensively.

Needy tilted her head, exposing her neck for her. Jen’s fingertips brushed lightly over the silky skin of her neck. Then, she closed her eyes and leaned in, sinking her fangs into the exposed flesh. It felt so good and freeing to finally use her abilities and control the blood flow. Needy cried out in pleasure as the fangs penetrated her soft skin. For some strange reason, it felt incredible.

At first, Jennifer was gentle and sucked up the blood slowly, taking only what she needed and then it was like a switch had flicked. She started sucking harshly, drinking more and more, unable to stop herself. After a few moments of deep drinking, she pushed herself back hard. Her back hit the end of the sofa as she pulled away, shaking her head.

Needy had closed her eyes, enjoying the sucking, but when it stopped, her eyes flickered open. She looked over at Jen to ask why she’d stopped, but Jen was catatonic. She didn’t say anything. She just stared at the blood dripping from the wound on Needy’s neck. It took all she had to stop herself from pouncing on her.

“Jennifer? Jen, what is it? What’s wrong?” No reply. Needy felt a warm trickle of wetness seeping down her neck and swore under her breath. She got up immediately, heading to the bathroom. She put a plaster on her neck and when she got back to the sofa, Jennifer was hunched over with her head in her hands.

“Its okay, Jen. You can’t handle it from my neck. Its okay. We know that now and we can just carry on with the needle.” She tried to console her, sitting down next to her. She put her arm around her shoulders comfortingly, but Jen just shook it off.
“I’m dangerous. I’m a killer. For fucks sakes, I’m a fucking demon. You shouldn’t be trying to help me. I’m not worth it.”
“Yes, you are. I love you and I always have. That didn’t change when you were possessed and it isn’t going to stop now.”
“But it should. You shouldn’t love me. You shouldn’t be trying to feed me. I could kill you.”
“But you won’t. You just proved that. You love me as much as I love you and you’ll protect me from anything.”
“You should have some kind of self preservation instinct. You should see how deadly I am. I’ve killed before. Hell, I killed your boyfriend. I’ve almost killed you so much. Needy, you shouldn’t be doing this.”
“I do have self preservation. That’s why I killed you before and look where that got us. And you only killed my boyfriend because you couldn’t keep your emotions in check, but you won’t do that with me. You love me. You didn’t love Chip. And neither did I.”
“Why are you doing this? Why are you with me?” Jen asked, tears running down her cheeks as she looked up at Needy.
“Because I love you. And no one should be given up on. I’m never giving up on you. Never.” She kissed her softly, wiping away her tears as she wrapped her arms around her again. This time, Jen let her, cuddling into her.
“Thank you. I love you too. So much.” She muttered, burying her head in her chest.

They cuddled like that for the evening, kissing each other and professing their love. But no more tears were shed that evening.