Hunting For Old Time's Sake- 9

"Come back alive little raven," Akhil said, at last, just before she walked away. Niravi just smiled sadly and dipped her head in acknowledgement.

It was twilight by the time she reached home. Her sisters were sitting near the fire while her father was staring off into space. Niravi could see the happiness radiating off from her family.

Elain was parading her new trinkets to Nesta while a new cloak and a pair of boots were sitting near the fire. Niravi just rolled her eyes and grabbed an apple, biting into its succulent flesh.

She shed her cloak and boots, walking towards the water-skins. She climbed upstairs, grabbing her old linen cloth bag; stuffing it with fruits, daggers, Feyre's bow and arrow and filled up water-skins.

She sighed; hoping that she could cross without any difficulties (not likely) and come back alive. She flopped herself on the bed and drifted off to sleep; watching the ethereal ball hanging in the midnight infinite with her scintillate and twinkling friends.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A slight creaking woke her from her slumber. She groaned softly, looking outside the window. It was still dark, close to dawn.

As quietly as she could, she creeped out of the room. She washed, ate a few more fruits and grabbed her linen bag. She gently stirred Nesta up; when she opened her glaring eyes as Niravi whispered,

"I am leaving now; If I am not back within a week, assume me dead."

Nesta just stared at her, eyes clear, she squeezed her younger sister's hand and gave the smallest of nods. Niravi wanted to say more, but the rings of time that she now seeks cannot be found. She took one last glance at innocent Elain and walked out without a backward glance.

The layer of snow was thick. Her boots sunk into it each time she took a step. Her cloak fluttered around her ankles as snow fell atop her braided- bun. She walked past the naked trees looking for the river. She was always terrible at navigating the forest. She turned East, towards the sun, In hopes of finding it soon.

Half- an hour later she heard the gushing sounds of water, the murmuring of the droplets as they grazed over the rocks. She followed the sounds; and soon enough, she saw the stream. Crystal clear water flowed down the path, the rocks glimmering underneath the transparent glass. She could see small fish swimming back and forth as they moved with the current. With the snow-covered trees and a blanket of white across the ground, it looked like a vision of serenity.

The river brought many memories that she shared with Feyre. She remembered the first time she demanded her older sister to teach her to hunt-

The soon to be thirteen-year-old younger sister decided that she had enough. She was getting jumpy, waiting for her sister each time she left to hunt. It was clear that Nesta or Elain would not take the responsibility to accompany Feyre.

Feyre brought back a few rabbits last night; it would be enough to last them a few days. Niravi nodded her head in determination as she stomped away to Feyre, who was chopping wood.

"Teach me to hunt," Niravi demanded; pitch-black eyes meeting blue-grey. "I want to help you hunt,"

"Absolutely not," Feyre replied curtly. "You are too young."

"You are barely a year older than me Feyre, if I am too young then so are you." Niravi glared deeply at her sister, "you will teach me to hunt, whether you like it or not." she continued stomping her foot and crossing her arms.