An Ending For A Beginning- 25

The silence was deafening as they stared at each other. Niravi's eyes seem to hold so much confusion and awe, but in a flash her dark pools became emotionless.

She turned her back toward them- her eyes strayed on the wooden door in front of her. She        didn't know what to think, adrenaline pumped through her as her breathing turned erratic.

"Niravi?", Feyre questioned; "Don't turn your back on me," she pushed gently.

It seems that line snapped Niravi into the present-

"I Should have turned my back on you ages years ago," she spat back as she whirled around to meet blue-grey eyes; her lips pulled back into a snarl. 

 "All the sacrifices that I made were never enough because of look at me now", Niravi continued eyes burning with tears. 

"Elain was afraid of me since the moment I revealed the truth- she looked at me like I would kill her; Nesta was disgusted by what I had done and told me to leave, and let's face it," she laughed at a moment of hysteria, " Father knew I wasn't his he moment he laid his eyes on my darker tone." Niravi ranted, her nails digging into her palms as she tried to hold back her tears, but it was the final line that brought tears to Feyre's eyes.

"And you? You didn't care"

"I did care," she replied brokenly.

Niravi's voice turned into a whisper as she said, "Do you hate me so much that you wouldn't send me a sign that you were alive? You could have sent a letter something," she begged. 

Feyre's eyes turned to the ground as she replied, "I didn't know how to read and write,"

But even Feyre's shame did not stop Niravi from spilling the cold truth.

"You saved the whole of Prythian- thousands of fae and their families got peace. All of them would line up to give their prayers. All you had to do was ask one of them to write it for you and send it through magic as I did." tears flowed down her cheeks.

 "And now you are a fae and I a human, I will die soon and you will stay young and beautiful forever." Niravi sighed and looked at the stars with blurry eyes.

"Go back Feyre, go back to your people because this is no longer your home," she said with resignation for it was true. 

"Go home and warn them about King Hybern returning, a warning so that at least fae can survive. This is a war that mortals could never win," her shoulders slouched. Tiredness washed over her like a huge wave as she longed to sleep and pretend this was all but a dream.

"It was never meant to be, two sisters of the same coin- I knew it the day you told me that you wished for a new world," She continued.

Feyre didn't stay quiet now, her voice turned stronger as she countered back, "Don't stand there and tell me that you didn't. You told me that you wished you could learn to fight one day so that you never needed to be the damsel. You wanted enough books to drown yourself in and enough money to know that you don't need to worry about whether or not we could make it the next day." she didn't want to lose the last bit of thing that connected her back to her mortality.

"We both wished for a new world and got something we had never wanted," Feyre said softly as she took a step towards her sister.

"I never wanted to be a killer," Niravi's voice choked up as she sniffed. Her palm came up to cover her face.

"We never got a chance to live because we always had to survive despite how many times you wished it were different Feyre," she said.

A resigned silence fell upon the two. The trees hummed and the wolves howled- It was a full moon that night.

"You know I searched on how to reverse what I am. I looked for ways to become human again, I wrote letters to Helion asking for help but there was nothing I could do," Feyre told her sister.

Her dreams of growing old with her sister turned to dust before her eyes as she read the disappointing note.

"Tell me Nira," Feyre asked her little sister seriously-" If I found a way to make you immortal  would you do it?"

The air turned thick with tension as a weighted question filled the air.

A minute passed by- Feyre's heart broke a bit as each second passed.

"You can lead me straight to hell Feyre and I would follow you with a smile on my face dear sister," Niravi said as she laughed a little, "If you will have me," She ended with a small dip of her head even though she knew it was a false hope.

Feyre's lip quivered as she knew it too, but for now, she didn't care- she caught her little sister in her long arms with her wounds, blood, tears and all.

For she couldn't bear living in a world without her sister.

To the start who never listened,

And to the dreams that were never answered.

To the tears that no one saw,

And the wishes that could never be caught.