First Try- 10

The morning sun rays hit Niravi's face as she slowly awoke. The winter cold, chilling her bones. She rolled over and sat up, feeling the wetness in her clothes due to the fog. She sighed and stood up. After drinking water and refreshing herself, she picked up her bag and continued walking, chewing on an apple on the way.

She kicked a little pebble along the way, looking around for that infamous purple-flowered bush. She honestly does not know how she would find it considering the fact that most of the plants and trees have shed their leaves. She sighed for the umpteenth time and trekked forward, keeping a lookout for the thicket.

The snow crunched under her boots as she quickened her pace; soon enough she reached a small area filled with dead purple flowers and naked bushes. She had to cross the river to get to the flowers.

Niravi groaned, thinking about how freezing the water will be.
The rivulet was thankfully shallow. She glided slowly across the river, trying to use the big immersed boulders and rocks as stepping stones.

Despite her cautiousness her boots, cloak and trousers got wet, ice-cold water caressing her tanned skin and drenching the bottom part of her clothes.

She climbed up the small slope, walking towards the shedding bushes. She crouched down insowcfing the drying flowers carefully. She gently took one in her hand, her fingers caressing the petals. It indeed was the thicket she was looking for.

Satisfied, she turned and turned west, continuing her path.

Twilight soon arrived, the sun was setting and it was too dark to manoeuvre the forest. Niravi decided it was best that she continued tomorrow morning as she found shelter for the night.

It was best day noon by the time she reached the rune- carved tree. Niravi's fingers traced the carvings, her mind curiously wondering what they could mean.

Akhil taught her to read and write, but now the old language or runic.

From there on, she continued North. Step after step she tried to ignore the burning in her legs due to malnutrition. She remembered to check her mental walls, Akhil never made her forget-

"They may break your bones and shatter your heart; but never let anyone control your mind. Your mind is your own, don't let anyone in unless you want them too. Do not give them the satisfaction if stealing your light, your fire. Build them strong and tall; but sometimes when you build your walls too high; you can trap yourself inside."

His words were not only meant for training bit for life as well. She learnt tremendously from him, soaking up all his knowledge like a cotton flower.

It was late afternoon; the sun shining brightly down at her.

That is when she felt it; a force- a voice telling her to stop. She tried puchunf forward but it would not let her. Each step was painfully difficult to take; almost as if walking through thigh-deep mud.

Another step, and another; the last thing she heard was the wind whispering secrets in her ear when all went black.

A/N

Sorry guys, this was just a filler chapter. The drama happens in the next.

What do you think happened to Niravi?
Please give vote and comment.

See you guys in the next chapter. Bye!