Failure- 11

Niravi's eyes fluttered open, taking the world around her. Cold snow frostbit her cheek red and raw. Dirt caked underneath her fingernails as she pushed herself up.

After a few minutes of vague misunderstanding; her eyes free wide with horror. Her braid whipped wildly as she took in her surroundings, the same river the same purple thicket.

"No no no no no!" Niravi exclaimed. She fell on her knees, a matching her bag from the ground. She was afraid that whatever she experienced was just a dream, wherein in reality she was still near the cursed purple flowers.

When she peered into her bag a few apples were gone. That's when she knew she wasn't imagining things. It must be the mind tricks that the beast did she soothed herself.

This time she slung her bag on her shoulder and sprinted across the snow, all the way to the rune carved tree. Her breath came out in puffs as the air in front of her misted. She built the walks around her thicker than ever before and stride forward, ignoring her grumbling stomach.

Each step that she took made her legs feel like lead. Sweat rolled down from her forehead despite the winter, her body shook with the effort of going forward.

She was so close; she could feel the magic thrumming ahead of her, she could feel herself losing control, her eyes blurred and the last thing she saw was gold mist and magic caressing her body.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Niravi was back where she started. Back to the same old purple flowers. She screamed frustration as she kicked the nearby tree repeatedly, releasing her anger.

Her fingers found a way to her scalp as she grabbed her hair as tight as she could, despair running through her veins. She picked her bag and ran all the way home.

She burst through the front lines of the forest, running to her hovel, her bag continuously beating her leg.

Soon the chimney of her cottage could be seen, smoke merging with the cold air.

Niravi could see Nesta doing something die never thought she would, chopping wood.

"Nesta!, " Niravi yelled as she panted, her lungs burning with lack of air.

A look of relief passed through Nesta's eyes as she saw her little sister.

"I tried, " Niravi gasped out before her sister could say anything. "It did something to my mind like how he did to father and Elain."

Nesta's eyes hardened with anger; she strode towards their hovel walking inside. Within minutes Nesta was out with a small bag of her own,

"Lets go, I will come with you.", Niravi didn't even question how Elain agreed. She clasped her hand around her older sister's wrist and dragged her along to the forest.

Not one but two sisters trekked the forest in search of the wall.
The passed the rivet, the purple flowers and the same rune- carved tree.

The sisters glanced at each other, silently grasping each others hand as they strode forward.

Nests could feel it; her legs turning to lead, her mind succumbing to the magic as beads of sweat rolled down her back.

She glanced towards her younger sister, shocked at seeing the fire blazing in her eyes. Her vision turned blurry before all she saw was black.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This time both sisters woke near the edge of the forest. Tears prickled behind Niravi's eyes as she looked up at her sister.