Chapter Two

I sat slumped against the wall, holding my hand to my mouth to muffle my crying. I buried my head in my knees so that I wouldn't have to see the man and the child. My arm was throbbing in pain like it was being crushed over and over again. I desperately waited for the pain to leave but it only got worse.

"Get up." The man said after a few minutes. I tried to move but my body wouldn't let me, it just froze up. "Don't make me repeat myself," he snapped while tearing my hands away from my body and yanking me off the ground. He used a little too much force and I ended up falling into his chest.

"Ah you seem to like my chest don't you?"
Excuse me? I wanted to punch him so much at this point. Just make him feel some sort of pain. "I hate you." I mumbled as he pulled me off of him. "What was that?" He growled while tightening his grip on my wrists making me whimper. Get away from me.

Suddenly the man jerked his head towards the door. "Ah shit." He looked back down at me. "Well it seems the police are here rather early."
What? Did someone see us? He looked away again. "And if you're wondering, I called the police." I looked up at him. "Y-You what?! Who in their right mind would-" The man grabbed my chin and lifted my face towards his so that we were only an inch apart. "The thing is, why would anyone call the police on themselves? Now if you say anything about what just happened, I won't hesitate to kill you."

What the fuck is going on.

***

"So this kid was killed in the back party room?" The police officer questioned. I could feel the man glaring at me. One wrong word and I'm done. "Y-yes. One second we were watching the show and the next..." Tears rolled down my eyes as images of his dead body flashed in my mind. Ashton was still missing. I dropped my head into my palms and cried. "Hey it's okay." The man put his hand on my back. I flinched at his cold touch. "So you said she is your girlfriend, correct?" The officer asked the man. "Yes, she isn't sure what career path to take yet so she is babysitting as a side job." He said. W-what? Why is he-

After a few minutes of questioning and me telling the officer about Ashton being missing, the man spoke, "If we could continue this interview later once she has finished grieving..." The man said sternly while taking his hand off me. "Oh yes of course, I will call you when we are available. We'll let you know if we find Ashton ma'am."

Right as the officer left the room the man dragged me out of my seat. "Pathetic." He spat as he pushed me to the ground and headed for the door. He paused for a second. "On second thought..." He twirled back around to face me, "Maybe I shouldn't kill you straight away..."
I glanced up at him while trembling. He walked back over to me and crouched down. He pulled his hand out with no emotion on his face. I hesitantly grabbed it and he gently pulled me off the ground. "Alright let's go."

The man practically dragged me out of the office and into another. "One second..." He grumbled as he stepped inside the room. What is he doing? The police are still here! He'll get caught sneaking into someone's office. This guy is so stupid. It's pure luck he hasn't got caught for killing...Ashton...I'm so sorry.
I got so lost in my thoughts I didn't hear the man calling out to me. "Hello....?" He grabbed my shoulders and shook me. "W-what?" I said as I came back to reality. He set a stack of blueprints into my hands. "Okay now we can go." He said as he shut the door. "What are these? Why the heck do you need blueprints of all things? If you're going to steal something at least get money or something..." He stopped and turned back to me. "Steal? These are mine. I work here stupid." Excuse me? Stupid?

Wait...he works here?! "Come on I don't have all day." He said as he walked towards the main room. I glanced at the gold plate that sat on the door. Afton. Is that his name? Sounds like a last name though...

As I turned the corner that led to the main stage area I bumped into his back. Luckily I didn't drop any papers. Surprisingly he didn't turn around and hit me for running into him. He just stood there for a moment staring at something. He's probably zoned out. I'll just poke him or something. The second I laid a finger in his shoulder he spun around and stared down at me with menacing dark blue eyes. "What?" He spat. "Oh I-just...you were zoning out..." I looked down, ready for him to strike me. "Oh...well come one then." He said with no emotion. This guy has serious issues.

We walked out to his car in the rain. It wasn't pouring but it was still coming down pretty fast. As we approached the car I noticed something black in the backseat although I couldn't make out what it was. His car was really nice. How did he get this much money? Oh wait he probably stole all of it. The man told me to put the blueprints away so I placed them where he told me to. After I did so I glanced over at the man, he seemed occupied with something so I decided to use this chance to escape. I turned to run but the man came up from behind me and held my head to his chest again.

"Not so fast. You're coming with me."
"W-what? No I'm not! Let me go!" I whipped my arms around and in response he wrapped his arm around my waist to secure me.
"Uh no. I'm not stupid. You are a witness, why on Earth would I let you go? You'd just go crying to the police." There is no way in hell Im going with him. He'll just kill me. "H-how about we just make a deal or something?" I said out of desperation. "How about no." He growled as he walked me back to his car. "S-stop! I promise I won't tell anyone anything! Just let me go!" I screamed while thrashing my arms and legs around so that he was practically dragging me there. Tears streamed down my face. I was scared of this man. I mean come on he literally threatened to kill me several times and now he's kidnapping me! Who knows what he'll do to me.

He opened up the passenger door and sat me inside. "I won't touch you or anything so just relax. I'm only taking you so that I don't get caught." He said softly before slamming the door shut. What an asshole. But him saying that did make me feel a little better. Once he got inside the car and started it he threw me a towel. "Here, dry yourself off. I don't want you wrecking my car." I caught the towel and was about to dry myself but his hair...it was wet from the rain but it's looked so- "You like what you see?" He smirked. "W-what? No! I just zoned out..." He turned his head back to the wheel and starting driving. "That's what they all say." He mumbled as he drove out of the parking lot.

Then I realized.

I just let myself get kidnapped.