Chapter Ten

__________________________________________________________________

"Lawrence knows doesn't he?
Tell me everything"

I explained what had happened to William. I was expecting him to hit me after hearing what I did and didn't say, but to my surprise he just sat there, staring down at his hands.

William sighed, "I should've known they would split us up. It was too obvious."

He hit his hands on his thighs a few times. "Dammit!" He roared.

I sunk into my seat, trying to disappear. There was no way I was going to calm him down by talking so I kept my mouth shut and fidgeted with my fingers.

After William finished throwing a fit he started up the car and swung out of the parking lot.

"They're going to call us back there soon so we have to be prepared." William started, "We've been together for a month. How old are you?"

"20." I answered quietly, but not too quiet to anger him.

He grumbled, "They're going to think it's weird because of the age gap." William bit his lip in frustration, "Alright we met at Freddy's, I got you a job and we kinda hit it off or something." He paused, "This is so frustrating." William groaned, punching the wheel, causing the car to swerve.

After a few moments of silence William told me we were going to Freddy's to start my first shift. We'd be a little late though because of the interruption.

***

"No no no! It goes in like this!" William scowled as he swatted my hand away and yanked the wire from me.

William was teaching me how to reconnect new wires in the animatronics. I accidentally told him that I was good at engineering.

I don't even know how I managed to do that.
But I did, unfortunately.

So now I'm stuck with him attempting to teach me the impossible.

"You're bloody rubbish." William yelled as he chucked the wire at the opposite wall before stomping out of the room like a child.

"He has serious anger issues." I whispered to myself.

I grabbed the wire and continued to work on the animatronic. It took me a few more tries but I eventually figured out how it worked. A spark of joy lit inside of me as new information clicked inside my head.

***

After a few minutes of trying out new things, the door opened. I turned around to see William staggering into the room, slamming the door shut behind him. I looked up at him, examining his features, trying to figure out what he was feeling.
As he approached I noticed a red stain on the side of his shirt. Shit.

I sprang off the floor and stared backing away from him. "What are you doing?" I squeaked, keeping my distance.

My words meant nothing to him, because he kept walking towards me with that low expression on his face.

I could feel the tears beginning to spill out of my eyes.

"W-William, please." I desperately whispered.