Chapter Fifteen

I woke up to find that William had left.  I turned to check the time on his alarm clock.

7:09 a.m

Hm well it's not too early. I decided to get out of bed. Heading out of the room I noticed a piece of paper on the door. I slid my hand under it and held it up for me to see.

"Y/N, I've left to sort things out with Lawrence. I should be back around noon. Keep an eye on Micheal please. -William"

There was a small heart after his name that I almost didn't see. A smile crawled onto my face. I then headed to see if Mike had woken up yet. His door was slightly open so I placed my hand on the wood and pushed it back. I glanced around the room. He wasn't in there. Hm he's probably downstairs. I made my way to the kitchen and living room searching for him. I then heard voices coming from the front of the house.

I followed the voices to the front door. Through the windows that stood alongside the main door I saw Michael talking to someone. Shoot.

I quickly opened the door to see a woman with brown hair. She had curled it to perfection. After looking over her features I recognized who she was.

This is...

"Who are you?!" The woman questioned, grabbing ahold of Michael.

"This isn't your weekend is it?" I asked her.

"She just wanted to talk to Dad." Mike answered for her.

"William isn't home right now. You can come back around noon." I said, trying to get her away.

"I'll just wait inside." She pushed past me, dragging Mike behind her.

Great.

[***]

It had been a few hours since (ex) Ms. Afton barged into the house. I had been watching her to make sure she wouldn't do anything that would make William mad. He definitely won't be in a good mood when he gets back because of Lawrence.

Lately I had been thinking a lot about why I was still in this house. I could run away right now if I wanted to. But that's the problem. I don't want to go.

Even after all that William has done to me, I'm still here. It's strange. I think I might have stockholm syndrome-

"Y/N." Mike tugged on my shirt.

"Yeah?" I turned to face him.

"My mom wants to talk to you." He nervously but his lip.

"Oh, alright." Crap.

Mike led me to the living room where Mike's mother was sitting on a chair.

"You wanted to talk with me?" I said, sitting on the couch. Michael sat beside me.

"You never answered me. Who are you and what are you doing in this house?" She snapped, glaring at me.

"I'm Y/N-"

"She's my Mom." Mike interrupted.

I shot Mike a look. He shrugged.
"What?" He questioned.