Chapter Twelve

___________________________

"Come here Y/N~!"

Don't!
Don't stop.
Don't let him find you.

"Y/N! Where are youuu~?"

I slipped into the nearest doorway, sinking my body against the cold wall. As his footsteps drew closer, my body sank deeper, attempting to conceal my presence.

A shadow crawled across the checkered floor. It grew taller each step he took. I held my breath for a moment. Praying he wouldn't see me, that he would simply slip past me.

His dark suit glided past the corridor in which I resided. A feeling of great relief washed throughout my body.

"Found you~"
A voice whispered from my left. He grabbed my shoulders and slammed me against the wall, pinning me.

"I don't like when you hide from me."
The darkness hid his face.

"You must be punished."
He whipped out a knife from behind him and held it above his head, ready to swing down.

He laughed maniacally as the knife plunged into me.

___________________________

I let out a gasp as my body jerked itself awake.
I covered my face with my hands protectively.

"Look who's finally awake. Let me guess, nightmare?"
William remarked.

I turned my head towards the direction of his voice. He was sitting on the bed with bandages in his hands.

"I was just cleaning all your wounds. Including the ones from this past week." William explained to me.

"Yeah the injuries that you caused." I spat, not caring if I anger him.

"Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed." He teased, reaching for my head which I quickly dodged, and scooting to the opposite side of the bed.

"Listen Y/N, I suppose I've lost the little trust you had with me, but just let me help you for once."
He glanced at me hopefully.

"No." I replied bluntly.

William groaned, "Well what can I do to repair our trust?"

"Move to a different planet." I muttered loud enough so he could hear.

"Ouch." William pouted.

After a long, silent pause, William spoke,

"Y/N."

Once I met his eyes, he continued,

"I'm...I'm sorry for hurting you so much in these past few days, I truly am. I know you can't forgive me straight away. It's my fault you're going through this pain. You've done nothing to deserve to be in this situation. You got dragged into all this. Please let me make it up to you."