Chapter Eleven

____________________________________

"Wait- Y/N."

"What now?" I groaned.

"Stay."

"Please."

"W-What?!" I stammered. My mind was racing from thought to thought. Why does he want me to stay?

"Come here." William said in a quiet, gentle tone. His head hung low, staring down at his injury. I couldn't read his expression but my heart was telling me it was okay to go near him. Although I remained cautious, you never know what could happen. It's William after all.

I slowly stepped towards William. Once I was a few feet away I stopped.

"Sit." He patted his free hand on a chair across from him.

The chair was a good distance from him so I decided it was safe to sit down.

An awkward few seconds went by before William lifted his head up to speak, but he kept his gaze towards the floor.

"Can I ask you something Y/N?" William said in the same quiet tone.

"Yeah." I replied, matching his volume.

He shifted in his seat and cleared his throat before speaking, "Why...Why did you help me?" His gaze met mine. His eyes indicated he was exhausted. Usually William sits up straight, but now he was slightly slouching.

Why did I help him?

"I..." My voice trailed off as I left his gaze and stared at the empty wall.

I took a deep breath before continuing,

"If I answer honestly, can I ask you a question?" We locked eyes yet again.

William gave me a questioning look. "...Sure."

"I-It was just instinct really, nothing more I can say."
I told him honestly.

William furrowed his dark brows questioningly as he gazed into my eyes, searching my soul.

I quickly glanced away. "C-Can I ask you a question now?" I asked meekly, fiddling my thumbs.

"Go ahead." William stated as he fixed his posture.

I hesitated for a moment before speaking,
"Why haven't you killed me?"

William just sat there for what seems like forever, lost in thought.

"That was a stupid question." William chucked quietly.

"Well obviously I'm needed for the police part, but is there any other reason?"

After a few seconds William sat up from his chair and turned to leave the room. "I think we're done here."

"Wait!" I reached out and wrapped my fingers around his wrist. He spun around, glaring down at me.

"Don't touch me."
He snapped, whipping my hand away from him and drawing his hand to his chest.