Chapter Seven

_________________________________

My body jerked itself awake. I jolted up into a sitting position, my hands gripping soft blankets. My left palm throbbed continuously as I lifted it near my face. It had been wrapped neatly in a white bandage.

"You're awake hm?"

I turned my head to the direction the deep voice originated from. William stood up from a chair in the corner of the mysterious room and walked towards the bed. The walls had reflected a soft candle light. The room smelled like lavender and lemon. William raised his hand up and reached out to grab my injured hand. I flinched and drew it back to my chest, using my other arm to hold it in place.

"Y/N please, I'm not trying to harm you."
William reassured me in a gentle tone.

"After you almost killed me?!"
I exclaimed, clutching my wrist deeper into my chest.

William threw his hands up in defense.
"Listen Y/N I understand-"

"You don't understand anything William."
I hissed at him before rolling over so I wasn't facing him and yanking the covers over my head. William sighed and slowly sat down on the edge of the bed. I could feel the shift in weight as he nearly touched my legs with his lower back.

"Y/N."
He muttered softly. I kept my mouth shut, not wanting to say the wrong thing and anger him.
I felt a warm hand gently grasp my left shoulder. I flinched at his soft touch while my body began heating up. After a few long seconds his hand glided off my shoulder as he asked, "Can I talk to you for a second?"

"What?"
I whispered in annoyance.

William took a breath before continuing,
"I can't do this anymore. I keep repeating the same mistakes. I've tried so hard to break the cycle Y/N. I've spent countless days locked up in my room trying to end my urges. But they won't stop."

William brought his head to his legs and covered his face with his hands. "I-It's so hard Y/N. It just won't s-stop." Tears rolled down his depressed face.
Without thinking I threw the covers off of my cold body and wrapped my hands around his tall figure. My head rested on his back as he cried in silence.

We stayed like that for a few minutes.
For once I felt at peace. His presence, unlike before, was cordial and inviting. Eventually I had drifted off to sleep, still clutching onto him.

_____________
William's POV
____________

"Y/N?"
I whispered.
When she didn't respond I slowly turned around to see her in an deep sleep. I set her down and pulled the covers over her. I felt my face go red. She looked so...innocent. Guilt washed over me as memories of hurting her rushed through my head. Why can't I control myself? Why do I have to be like this? Why did she leave me...? I took a deep breath and lifted myself of the bed. A part of me wanted to climb back into the bed with her, wrap my arms around her soft body...I quickly shot the thought out of my head. I glanced at her one last time before slowly closing the door with a click.

___________
Y/N's POV
___________

My eyes slowly fluttered open to see that the room had gone dark. I couldn't remember much, only my interaction with William...my cheeks flushed. There was something else, the music box. Was there someone else there? It had to have been. William wouldn't try to kill me. Wait, yes he would.

All the thinking stung my brain. I slugged out of the bed and stuck out my hands in front of my face to feel for a wall. I walked aimlessly for a few seconds until I felt the smooth paint. I traced the wall with my finger tips until the curved door handle fell into my hand. I curled my fingers around the polished metal handle and motioned downwards, pulling out to open it. Good thing he didn't lock it. The hallway was dimly illuminated by a lamp that sat near the stairs. I brushed past paintings and random plants that scattered the hall. I peaked down the stairs to see some light reflecting off the wall from the kitchen. I glided down the carpet stairs and turned the corner. I wonder where William went? I searched the kitchen and dining room, nothing. Maybe he's sleeping on the couch. I turned around to leave the room I had previously searched to find a tall figure standing only inches away from me.

"And what might you be doing this late at night hm?" I recognized William's deep voice. "Oh I was just...looking to see what time it was." I lied and he knew. William leaned down and whispered into my ear, "You were looking for me weren't you darling?"

Since when does he call me darling? I blushed. "N-no why would I-" He cut me off. "No need to lie to me dear, I don't like when you do that."
William placed his hands on my shoulders and backed me up to the wall. I could tell he was drunk. "William since it's late I think we should go back to bed-" I muttered while turning my head to the side, avoiding eye contact even though I could barely see. "Yes of course darling, let's go back to sleep." William responded softly. "Well...goodnight then." I mumbled, walking back towards the stairs. "Not so fast Y/N." William came from behind and scooped me up. He carried me up the stairs bridal style. I tried to get him to let go if me but he stood his ground. "W-William! Let me go!" I screamed, clawing at him. "Darling please, don't make this more difficult than it has to be. I only want to be with you." William responded in a gentle tone which made me calm down.

William set me down on his bed, allowing me to quickly move to the opposite side and cover myself with blankets. "Darling? Do you not want me to sleep with you?" He whined. I grunted and burrowed deeper into the blankets. His bed was quite comfortable.

Without warning William launched himself into the bed and climbed next to me. I tried to move away from him but his arms wrapped around my waist and he pulled me close to him. My whole body rapidly heated up. "Y/N please, just one night." William whispered as he rested his chin on top of my head. "Fine." I grumbled. "Just one night." I was too tired to argue at this point.

Sleeping with William was actually very comforting. Having his arms gently curled around my body made me feel safe. Which was very odd since he's nearly ended me multiple times in the past 4 days. It was also very uncomfortable at the same time, knowing he could kill me at anytime he pleased. We slept peacefully slept for a few hours until I heard a faint ringing coming from downstairs. I waited for it to go away but when it didn't I gently shook William, who still had his arms hung around me. "William." I whispered softly. After hearing my voice he immediately woke up. "What is it Y/N?" He muttered in a deep voice, still half asleep. "I think the phone is ringing." I told him. William let my words sink in for a moment before groaning and slowly sitting up. He placed his hand on mine for a moment before reassuring me, "I'll be back in a moment."

William left the room and sulked his way down the stairs. I tried to find a comfortable position without William but without him there I felt lonely. I wanted his arms around me again. Wait what am I thinking? He kidnapped me, why do I feel this way? He nearly killed me, so why?

I could hear William's footsteps near the room. A second later he slowly opened the door and shuffled inside. "Y/N?" He asked quietly while turning on a small lamp to illuminate the dark. "Hm." I grunted, wanting to go back to sleep.

"The police want to talk to me."

"And you."