Chapter Six

_____________________________

I had gotten up after a few silent and lonely minutes. I fixed myself and opened the office door. I had to find a bandage to wrap around my hand so I headed out to search for one. It felt odd to walk in the hall alone without William following my every move.

I neared the front of the quiet building to where the janitor from earlier was. William had said he was creepy but he didn't look bad to me. My curiosity got the best of me and I slowly walked towards him. He seemed to be fixing a lighting panel or something.

"What do you want?"
He grunted in an annoyed tone, still deep into his work.

"Well uh...I-"

"Ah you must be Y/N!" A cheerful voice boomed from behind me, almost causing me to fall over.
I turned around to see a middle aged man with ginger hair and a beard. He reminded me of santa, big and cheery.

"William said you got the job! How about that? Now...William said you'd like to be his assistant, yes?"

W-what?? I never said that! Damn it I hate him.
"...Yes."

The man gave me a gentle smile which made me feel nice. He the told me his name, Henry, and went on and on about Freddy's and it's history. It felt good to have a normal conversation with someone. Henry led me back to William's office. "Well I'll see you around Y/N! I'm glad to have you on our team."

I smiled back at him and walked into the office. It felt as if I was walking into a different dimension. William sat in his chair with his head hung over the desk. It seemed he was going through papers.

"You can just sit down anywhere." He said quietly without looking up. I found the chair in the far corner of the room, the one farthest from him, and sat down. I picked at my nails for a few minutes until William abruptly sat up from his desk. Without making eye contact he said, "Don't go anywhere, I'll be back." Then he slammed the door shut. What's his problem?

I decided I probably should listen to William so I wouldn't have to get the talk again. I shuddered at the thought of it. Getting up from the chair I scanned the room for anything interesting. He's pretty boring there's nothing in here. I walked over to his side of the desk and glanced around until something caught my eye. I reached my hand out and slowly picked up a picture frame that sat on his desk. It had three kids in the front and in the back...William and...what was that? It looked like a women standing next to William but her face was crossed out in red ink. Strange. I didn't know he had-

Suddenly the door opened and William walked in. He was fixing his tie when he glanced up at me. His eyes tore into my soul. I quickly placed the picture down and backed away from his desk. William placed something on his desk and swiftly walked over to me. I backed up until I hit the wall. William shot his hand onto the wall an inch from my face. He pinned me to the wall and leaned in. I looked away terrified, my breath hitched. I closed my eyes and wished this was all a dream. But it wasn't.

"What the hell were you doing with my things?!!" He yelled.

I couldn't answer. Tears threatened to break out. My heart raced as I tried to say something, anything.

"SPIT IT OUT! WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU DOING?" He whispered violently.

"N-nothing." I whispered, my voice shaking.

William scoffed and used his right hand to tightly grip my wrist. His nails slipped into my skin as I whimpered.

"William! Please s-stop!" I screamed.

"SHUT UP!" I could feel warm blood trickling down my hand.

"I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR SHIT."
William let go of my wrist and latched onto my throat. His grip made it difficult to breathe.

"P-please...William." I managed to spit out as tears raced down my face.

A strange look shot across his face. He let go of me and raised his hand to his face and stared at it. I used this chance to escape.

I bolted out of the room and down the ominous hallway in search of an empty room. I spotted a dark room and I lunged myself inside, slamming the door behind me. I leaned against the back of the door as I caught my breath. Blood ran down my hand as I examined the marks. Damn him. I probably need to clean this.

After catching my breath I glanced around my dark surroundings, looking for any source of light. My eyes slowly adjusted to the new atmosphere allowing me to make out some shapes. This must be some sort of storage room because there are many shelves lining the room with lots of different objects placed on them. I made my way around in the dark, tracing my hand over the supplies until something slit my finger.

I yelped and brought my wounded finger close to my chest and squeezed it. I grunted as my finger throbbed in pain.

A quiet tone began to play. It sounded like a child's music box. [{ cue music above }]

I spun around multiple times, trying to pinpoint the source of this strange sound. Slowly I crept towards where I thought the music might be, almost tripping multiple times. The music was unsettling to say the least, but it was oddly comforting. I held my finger close to my body and kept squeezing to stop the blood. It felt pretty deep. As I turned a corner a soft, dim light glazed the stone walls.

There on the floor was a tiny wooden music box with a ballerina on top and a candle lit behind it. I approached the box and crouched in front to inspect it. My eyes became transfixed on the spinning girl. I swallowed and reached out my bloodied hand to touch it.

Rough hands swiftly grabbed into my throat and tore me away from the box. A sharp object threatened to pierce the skin on my neck. I jerked my body backwards only to fall into someone's chest. They held the knife tightly against me. I lifted my head up and sniffled.

Is this Afton? Did he lure me in? Is he finally going to end me?

I couldn't hold in the tears any longer.

My vision became clouded.

My mind become fog.

My body shook uncontrollably.

In a moment I was pushed against the wall.
The next I was in his arms.
He held me close to his body.
He ran his fingers through my hair.

"Shhh its okay now Y/N I'm here. You're safe."
William said softly while drying my tears. His gaze was gentle and caring unlike before. My legs gave in. He caught me in an instant. William carefully picked me up bridal style and carried me out of the room.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw the light emanating from the candle.

But no box.

The music continued to play as I drifted off to sleep.

___________________________

____________________________________