Heartless Betrayal

Makoto stood with bis arms crossed, everyone was still shocked from how Makoto of all people had betrayed their trust.

Aoi: "Makoto... how could you..?"

Aoi had tears in her eyes as well as Komaru and Yasuhiro.

Makoto: "For the sake of this war, I don't have much of a choice."

Toko: "What, are you gonna kill us or something?"

Makoto: "No. I just need you out of the way."

Yasuhiro: "Dude... do we really mean so little to you?"

Makoto: "There are more important things than friends. Especially during this war."

Kyoko: "So these are your true colors?"

Makoto: "Technically these are the results of the Kamukura Project."

Everyone except Komaru was stunned upon hearing those words.

Byakuya: "The Kamukura project!?"

Toko: "The what?"

Kyoko: "It was an unstable experiment that was meant to create artificial hope within Hope's Peak Academy. However, it only created a superhuman paragon by imbuing every talent possible into one human, with the cost of their memories, identity, and personality. That subject became the new Izuru Kamukura who turned out to be nothing but an emotionless superhuman."

Makoto: "What Tengan didn't know is that the process could grant every talent even if the project wasn't finished."

Byakuya: "So you'd sacrifice your own feelings just for this war."

Makoto: "It's ironic you're the one to tell me about feelings..."

Kyoko: "What the hell is wrong with you!?"

Makoto: "What do you want now?"

Kyoko: "You're just killing those who spread despair rather than saving them."

Makoto: "People can't be saved, these psychopaths are doing this without reason. They can't be saved!"

Komaru: "How... could you..?"

Makoto turned to his sister.

Komaru: "You caused an entire war between these people and Monaca's people! What kind of brother are you!? WHAT HAPPENED TO MAKOTO NAEGI!?"

Toko looked shocked.

Makoto: "Am I supposed to answer that?"

Kyoko: "Perhaps you should. What would Sayaka think if she saw you now?"

Makoto's eyes widened.

Flashback

Sayaka: "You'll... protect me?"

Makoto: "I promise you. I don't want to harm anyone. But I'll do it, if it means protecting you."

Sayaka's face flushed and she shed a little tear, she gave a smile and hugged Makoto who also blushed.

Sayaka: "Thank you so much! I'll make it up to you someday!"

Flashback End

Makoto: "Don't you put that on me."

Makoto's eyes started glowing red as he drew out a pistol.

Kyoko: "She'd be disappointed. That's what she would think-"

Makoto: "How would you know? You've isolated yourself from the rest of us from the start of Hope's Peak."

Kyoko: "I knew her well enough."

Makoto turned around and walked away.

Toko: "Where d-do you think you're going!?"

Makoto: "I have nothing else to say to any of you. I have a war to win and none of you are going to get in my way."

Makoto walked out and the Future Foundation Members got closer to their targets, except for Agent C who had backed up to zap them all with a bolt of electricity a few seconds later.

Byakuya: "Why are you helping us? Weren't you just on his side?"

The agent shook her head.

Agent C: "I came here on behalf of Tengan. He wanted me to be a spy within the 6th Division of Future Foundation."

Aoi: "Wait, Makoto's part of Sakakura's branch!? When did that happen!?"

Agent C: "When he came back after we thought he was dead he requested a different branch. One that shared his views on this war."

Yasuhiro: "We can't just allow him to win!"

Kyoko: "Wait, was it true? Did he go through the Kamakura Project."

Agent C thought for a while.

Agent C: "He did, but he didn't want to be in there long enough where he would lose his memories. His exact words were 'I don't have anything left to lose in this world, except my memories of her.'"

Komaru: "Her?"

Agent C: "He had a picture of this pretty girl with long blue hair and blue eyes-"

Kyoko: "Sayaka."

Agent C: "I guess he misses her..."

Byakuya: "Report this to Tengan, we'll make sure Naegi doesn't get to the mastermind."

Agent C: "Please get there in time. I can't imagine seeing the dead body of a child in his hands."

The group ran off leaving the agent to contact Tengan.

Komaru: 'I refuse to believe Makoto turns out like this. There's something wrong there has to be!'