─── XIAO ; his karmic debt ♡

❝ I'm sorry I couldn't protect you. ❞

━ SETTINGS

SETTINGS. gender neutral reader. angst.

SYNOPSIS. in which xiao blames himself for your death

TRIGGERS. blood, death

NOW PLAYING. dynasty ; MIIA

─── ─── ☆: *. ☽ .* :☆ ─── ───

AUTHOR'S NOTE. so. xiao. conqueror of demons, vigilant yaksha, king of ANGST- i simp for him so much lmao 😂 BUT THAT'S NOT WHY WE'RE HERE. we're here because i've finally stopped with all the cute fluffy scenarios and decided to make you guys cry with some xiao angst. amazing am i right?

lmao I wrote this in the dark at 2 am while listening to angst edit audios and crying my eyes out and my brother said "dude wtf are you doing that's making you cry at 2 am-" ok im gonna shut up now and let u guys actually READ IT without my stupid author's notes- hope you enjoy~!

"XIAO... I'M SORRY..."

Stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

"No! I love you! Please, stay with me... don't go..."

You were stupid to have been so stubborn. Stupid to care more about him than your own life. Stupid to think a simple Liyuan charms maker could run through the heat of battle and come back alive.

"I await you in the stars, my love..."

Dead.

Dead.

Dead.

The word rang in Xiao's ears as he stood, frozen, staring blankly at the limp, lifeless body in his arms. Your body.

It was all his fault. All his fault.

If only he'd defeated the Fatui agent before it had gotten you. Even better, if only he'd convinced you to stay home. Then you would be safe and warm in your room, not dead and bloody in his arms.