One Journey Ends, and Another Begins.

hello, my friends. it's been a while, hasn't it?

it's been almost a year since i've updated this book, and i apologize. however... to make this short, i've decided to discontinue this book.

why, you may ask? well, i think there are a few reasons. first of all, i think my interests have moved on from hyper-fixating on genshin to other things. yes, i love genshin and still play it, but i just haven't been as interested as i used to be. to be 100% honest, ever since i hit AR 60 a few months back, i've only been playing a few days a week instead of grinding every day. it just feels like there's nothing really left to do, y'know?

second, as a busy high school student, i don't always have time to write these full-length oneshots. i can barely get out a paragraph or two in one sitting, and it takes me several days just to write 500 words. that's part of the reason i stopped doing writing requests a long time back; i felt like my writing pace wouldn't be able to keep up with people's requests.

i also feel it's difficult to write for an all-inclusive audience all the time. i try my best to write gender neutral readers, but sometimes i can't help but gravitate towards female readers or try to project myself onto the reader.

for these reasons i'm going to be discontinuing this book; but don't worry, i haven't completely quit writing! i currently have an active tumblr account under the url alatushours, where i write short drabbles for genshin, honkai star rail and one piece characters! tumblr allows me to continue writing without feeling pressured to finish a full-length
oneshot. it would mean the world to me if you dear readers would continue to support me on there <3 i also have an ongoing zoro fic on my profile here, so if any of my readers are interested in one piece, feel free to check it out as well.

on a different note, today marks my three-year anniversary of playing genshin impact :) it feels surreal to have been on this journey for so long. it feels like just a few days ago when i got diluc as my first five-star, or how excited i was when i got my first double five-star ten-pull in 2022. (i say first because it's actually happened to me twice; the first time with xiao and keqing, and the second completely on accident with dehya and baizhu.)

i'm so, so glad to have experienced this with everyone, and i'm so grateful for all the support in these past few years. i never would have imagined i, who started this wattpad account to read keeper of the lost cities fics, would publish what would grow into a fic with over 77k reads! i'm so indebted to each and every one of you for all the love you've shown for this book.

i'll be redoing the layout for this book since i feel it could be more appealing, but there won't be any more updates.

i love you all so much, and hope that one day we may embark on a different journey together. for the last time, thank you for visiting stars of teyvat !

mikanzwrld. april 9th, 2024.