Author's Note

The following chapter, The Breaking Point, contains two sections from Black and Green, from the chapters "Mrs. Midori" and "Dire Temptations". The only changes I have made is changing the text to 3rd person, and cutting out most of both chapters.

I am not C. L. Stone, and have no rights to the Ghost Bird series or any C. L. Stone properties. Knowing me, I probably shouldn't be allowed to play on this playground at all, but, bleh, no one stopped me. The Academy Fan Fiction Facebook group had their chance.

This story has been bugging me to write it for about 3 weeks. I had TWO OTHER STORIES in my head, one of which I had finally decided I'd plotted enough to start writing (and decided on the step-monster's form of abuse! Always an important element to a GB story!). That night, after reading WAY. TOO. MUCH. fanfiction and lying in bed for a half an hour, plotting a plot, I went to sleep and a very very realistic dream in three different scenes, two of which will/should end up in this story. (The third fell victim to where in the canon storyline I needed to place this story.) Thankfully, it also included a nice little data dump, so I had the necessary story background. This is one of those cases where *I* am not writing this story, I'm just telling it. Due to living through aformentioned scenes, I do have to say, Sang, I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry.

I would like to give a shout out to StAl2LiGhT (Lullaby), Silly__Me (The Blackout) and SamanthaNave (Crazies). I'm pretty sure the synopsis of your stories is what caused this. I had only read the synopsis of each listed story before getting hit with this idea, but have since read two of the stories. (I haven't made it to Crazies in my list of stuff to read yet. Judging by my list, it's gonna be awhile, especially with this story beating me up.)

TL;DR: Generic disclaimer here. Next chapter ain't mine. Belongs to C. L. Stone. Story breaks from canon during Black and Green. StAl2LiGhT (Lullaby), Silly__Me (The Blackout) and SamanthaNave (Crazies) may have influenced this story. I'm not trying to steal anything, I'm just borrowing....