16. Sean

Change.

"Owen, we're not at my condo."

"No, Dr. Green, we are not."

"It's daylight."

"Yes, it is."

"You sound distinctly unconcerned with that."

"Yes, I am."

"Well, I would have noticed any head trauma by now. I'm steady on my feet and feel fine, so most pharmacological agents are out. Care to explain, Owen?"

"Miss Sorenson is inside. You owe her some of your "doctoring".

"Pookie! Wait. I don't have my doctor stuff. Or my white coat. You know Pookie loves my white coat."

"You are the only one who loves that coat. Bloodwork will have to wait. We have some situations in the area, so you would be unable to take it to the hospital. For now, do what you can to check on our Sleeping Beauty and keep her company."

Sean stared hard at Owen. There was something...

"Do you need something, Dr. Green?"

"No..., I just..."

"Then please see to Miss Sorenson. She needs you."

Sean headed inside, and Owen fought a shudder. He remembered that look from Sean's Pre-Med days. He had psycho-analyzation on the mind, and that was terrifying. Thankfully, if there was one thing to stop Sean's overly abundant collection of brain cells in their tracks, it was Sang.

**********

Sang hadn't realized she had fallen asleep until someone holding her wrist woke her up.

"Dr. Sean," she murmured.

"Hey there, Sleeping Pookie, just checking your resting heart rate. I'm sorry if I'm late for our date. Thanks, I'm sure, to Owen, I don't have my white coat, or my medical kit. It makes for a very disappointing doctoring date." Sang giggled and Sean released her wrist in order to waggle his finger at her. "Do I need to cure those giggles?" Sang pressed her lips together to stop the giggles, and moved to sit up on the bed.

"I love you even without your doctor's coat."

"No teasing, Pookie." Sean replied while scrubbing at his face, trying to hide how much he really wanted to hear the real thing from her.

Sean felt her small hand caress his arm. "Can I cash in that extra credit from the first day of Japanese?" Sang asked when he dropped his hands. "You've always made me happy, from that first moment when you saved me from Mr. McCoy. I love you, too, Sean."

Sang leaned forward and graced him with a delicate kiss.

"Destiny babies...," he whispered.

"Always," she replied.

"Forever," Luke's voice floated through her mind.

**********

Sean woke to the purples and pinks of a twilight sky. A wolf stood in front of him.

"Well, aren't you a pretty pretty boy!" Sean exclaimed, while taking in the nearly purple eyes of the wolf and the white and gray coat.

"Don't. Just... don't."

Of course the wolf in his dream would talk, why wouldn't it?

"Sorry about that..., s'up?"

"Will you bond with me, and help me keep our packs hale and whole? And maybe keep the dog jokes to a minimum?"