Painful Sparks

"crap crap!" I let out as I looked down at my watch to see it read 9:34am currently I'm 10 minutes late and that's not a good look for the first day.

I grabbed my coffee off the counter brushing my dress off I looked in the mirror "good enough.." I spoke putting my shoes on opening the door.

"Calm down Yara you'll be there in 5 minutes.." I spoke to myself putting my car in drive.

In a record time of 3 minutes I made it to the building quickly parking my car I locked it running into the place.

I pulled my bag up closely getting in the elevator impatiently hitting the 7th floor button it dinged as I walked in.

A line of the new interns all stood in front of Mr.Huang as I joined the end biting my lip nervously in hope he didn't see me.

"You must be Yara Anderson..so nice of you to join us!" He said in a sarcastic tone as I cleared my throat.

"I apologize Mr.Huang it won't happen again!" I let out loudly as his brown eyes stared holes into me.

"You're right it won't happen again..because I'm dismissing you apparently you have no sense of time Ms.Anderson!"

My heart dropped as I looked up at him shaking my head "No sir I do I got held up in traffic I swear it won't happen again!" I lied.

He let out a soft scoff walking over to me at a slow pace he stopped right in from of me.

"Yara...what do you not understand about my words I am dismissing you Ms.Anderson good day!"

He went to walk away as I grabbed his wrist tightly "Sir I swear it won't happen again I really need this job I-"

Just then I felt a painful spark making me jump back in agony as he simply pulled his arm away rubbing his wrist.

24 years 14 months 13 minutes 2 seconds
appeared across my wrist as I rubbed it in embarrassment as if it would make the mark disappear.

Mr.Huang looked down at me in disbelief as if he was ashamed to have been matched with someone in my state.

Whispers from the other interns filled my ears as tears filled my eyes making me feel small when he let out a sigh.

"Ms.Anderson my office..now" he let out not even looking my direction I pulled my bag closer walking out the room as he instructed the interns.

I scurried to the elevator hitting the button with the number 10 on it. I wiped my tears as the last couple of minutes replayed in my head making me facepalm.

It finally dinged and I stepped out standing in front of his office trying to clear my thoughts when the elevator opened again.

Mr.Huang stood with his hands in his pocket shaking his head at me he pushed the door open with his foot as I followed.

He sat down behind his desk turning to his computer as I sat in front of him.

"Are you going to tell me why you called me up here?" I asked as he let out a sigh.

"Because you're my soulmate it's only common curtesy for me to invite you up.." I rolled my eyes as he raised an eyebrow at me.

"Can I be an intern here or not I need to know if I need to find a different job.." he nodded his head yes turning to me again.

"Since we're soulmates my parents will force me to give you a high ranking role in my company so I'll assign you as my assistant.."

"Fine by me what's my pay?" I asked as he turned his laptop towards me to see.

"My current assistant is getting paid $23 an hour and she works 9-5 so about $1,449 a week.." he said as I nodded.

"Ah..yes sir.." I replied sitting back as he looked me up and down making me roll my eyes once again.

"Call me RuXin.." he whispered as I nodded slowly there was a knock on the door.

"Come in.." he let out as we both turned around he smiled brightly to the older woman who walked in holding her designer purse.

"Huang RuXin why didn't you answer my calls!" She said pouting as I turned towards RuXin expecting a response.

"I was busy speaking with my interns but that's besides the point this is Yara Anderson..my soulmate" he said signing papers not showing any attention.

"Omg no way!" She said helping me stand up as I smiled nervously she turned me around admiring my full body.

"Aren't you just a beauty sweetheart.." she said smiling as I smiled back politely.

"Ah thank you ma'am.." I whispered as she ran her hands through my dark black hair.

"How old are you sweetheart?" She asked as I fiddled with my hands "I-I'm 24 years old.." I replied as she smiled.

"Good you're still young and that means you're fertile..my RuXin is 28 and he need kids right away" she smiled as I nervously laughed.

"Y-Yeah I'm sure he does" I said itching my head awkwardly as RuXin looked up at me to see my reaction.

"Uh..Mr.Huang do you need me today or should I leave?" I asked as he flipped the page on his paperwork.

"You can leave make sure you're on time tomorrow or I won't hesitate to fire you.." he said as I nodded making his mom cross his arms.

"That's no way to speak to your fiancée!" She said as I began walking towards the door.

"Hun you should go home and start packing you most certainly have to move in with us!" She let out as I waved my hands in a refusing manner.

"I'm ok in my home for now.." I said laughing lightly as RuXin cleared his throat.

"My mother is correct you should move in soon...we will be married in a couple weeks and we should have kids very soon but don't get too comfortable!"

I scoffed crossing my arms over my chest as he stopped swiveling in his chair to look at me.

"Clearly you think lowly of me because of my wealth compared to yours don't get to comfortable because I don't have to have your children Huang RuXin!"

He let out a scoff as I slammed the door headed down to my car in clear frustration.