First date

I placed the last stack of papers into the correct file placing them on rack as I sat back tiredly.

"Are you done Yara?" I heard a familiar voice ask looking up to see RuXin holding his laptop in his hands with his glasses resting on his face.

"Y-Yeah I'm done..are you ready to go?" I asked as he hummed walking away from the door I quickly collected my belongings following him.

Finally I caught up to him stepping into the elevator he hit the button that took us to the main entrance.

"...I guess we could have dinner I made reservations already" he whispered making me smile.

"Yes that would be nice" I responded when the elevator dinged he got out first and I followed behind him closely.

He pulled his keys out his bag handing them to the man standing in front of the entrance who then scurried out to fetch his car.

I looked down at my feet shyly as I felt his eyes on me momentarily right when the car pulled up in front of the building.

The chauffeur pulled up getting out the car he ran around to our side opening the door.

RuXin waved me towards the car and I followed hopping into the car as he buckled up I did the same.

"Take us to Rollen High's Restaurant" he let out as the driver got into the car buckling up he finally pulled out the parking lot heading to the restaurant.

After 15 minutes of driving we finally arrived at the restaurant I was semi nervous since he hadn't said a word to me since we entered the car.

I pulled my purse on my shoulder following him into the restaurant where a man stood behind a podium like object.

"I have reservations under Mr.Huang.." he said as the man looked over to me looking me up and down I pulled my jacket to cover my chest.

"Right this way.." I looked over to a women who was now leading us towards the dinner table in a small room with just one table for privacy.

She handed us the menus and I sat down in front of RuXin as he cleared his throat flipping through the plastic covered menu.

"I'll have a steak make it medium rare with a side of Mac and cheese, green beans and bread" he said closing his menu.

He handed the menu to the women then she turned towards me smiling weakly.

"I'll have fettuccine with garlic bread that'll be all.." I said then she quickly wrote it down taking my menu from my hands.

"It'll be 15-20 minutes.." she said right before leaving as I nodded smiling RuXin just hummed.

She then closed the door leaving the 2 of us in the room alone the silence boring holes through me.

"So...what are your hobbies?" He looked up to me with a fake smile plastered across his face.

"Uh.. I enjoy working out and playing soccer how about yourself?" I smiled to him enjoying the effort he was putting in.

"I enjoy writing and I'm a huge soccer fan!" I said enthusiastically as he leaned forward.

"No way you like soccer? Do you play?" He asked making me nod my head gently.

"That's awesome we have let our kids play when they get older" he said as I smiled to him.

"When do you p-plan to have kids?" I asked curiously as he smiled humming as if he was trying to think of an answer.

"Well I assume we would try as soon as soon we get married" he replied as if it was a given like I should have already known.

"We get married tomorrow though..." I said as he let out a soft laugh making me tilt my head gently in questioning.

"Yes I'm aware..I don't want to waste time I'm not getting any younger do you not want to?"

"Well..I don't mind but I thought we could wait at least a couple months we barely know each other it's been 2 weeks since we met and you're asking me to give my body to you and have your kids!"

He let out a soft sigh scooting his chair forward so that we were now knee to knee underneath the table.

"I understand everything you're saying but it'll be fine we are soulmates for a reason although neither of us are able to see it I'm sure we will soon.."

I bit my lip nervously as I looked into his eyes which were sparkling in the light.

"Yeah...you're right we're soulmates for a reason" I whispered as the door opened the lady stepped in placing our food in front of us.

"If you need anything please tell me my name is Elena and I am your server for today.."

••••

"You're home! How did your date go?" His mom asked as we entered the house.

"Ah..it went well" I said smiling as RuXin sat down on the couch next to his father.

"Yeah it was good..we got to know each other and we talked about our future together" he said as I nodded.

"Well I'll head upstairs and take a shower..big day tomorrow!" I said smiling brightly as RuXin smiled back to me weakly.

I ran up the stairs to our room taking out my pajamas I placed them on the counter in the bathroom.

"Where is my towel.." I whispered to myself looking around the bathroom frantically I let out a sigh giving up.

"I'll ask his mom.." I said under my breath headed down the stairs I stopped in my tracks hearing his fathers voice.

"So you just decided to take her on a date?" He asked in a joking manner as RuXin sighed.

"No mom threatened to get me demoted at work if I didn't try to bond with her." He said with a major attitude.

My heart instantly dropped at his words as his mom let out a sigh "shut up she might hear you!" She let out as I clinched the railing.

"...whatever the date wasn't bad I learned about her so there's that" he said as tears began to well up in my eyes.

I stepped down the stairs and all their attention turned towards me as his eyes widened he sat up in his seat looking at my tears.

"Y-Yara.." he whispered as I turned towards his mom whipping my tears off my face.

"I just wanted to asked where the towels are...instead I was met with your conversation sorry didn't mean to eavesdrop"

instead I was met with your conversation sorry didn't mean to eavesdrop"