Reception

"Welcome the bride and groom!"

The double doors before us opened and a long decorated table stood proudly behind the shining white dance floor surrounded by round tables where the guest sat.

The clapping echoed through the room as RuXin grasped my hand in his leading me to the table designated for the 2 of us.

He pulled out my chair seating me then he did the same for himself and finally the clapping stopped.

Plates were served in front of us both and I quickly thanked the server as he smiled warmly to me and Ru.

After we took our first bite of food the servers then began to place food in front of all the guest as me and RuXin began to make small talk.

"Can you believe we're married?" I asked in a small laugh making him chuckle in a low manner.

"I know..and to think we just met" he teased as I smiled weakly to him taking a bite of the weirdly shaped food in front of me.

"That's what we call a suckling pig...it's supposed to represent the brides purity in Chinese culture.."

I hummed in understanding taking a big bite out of it as I felt his eyes on me I turned to him.

"Yes Ru?" I asked in a laughing manner as he chuckled biting his lip nervously.

"Do you still have your purity?" He asked as I wiped my hands on the napkin then reaching to sip the wine before me.

"I assume you're referring my virginity.. I thought I answered this before" I whispered softly as he cleared his throat.

"Well if you did I apologize..but I don't remember your answer" I laughed lightly at his nervousness then turned towards him.

"I'm still a virgin RuXin.." a smile spread across his face and I nudged him in a mocking way.

"I take you're not.." I said as he straightened up in his chair "what makes you assume that? He asked in an offensive tone as I stabbed the meat on my plate.

"I don't know you just give off player vibes" I responded earning a chuckle from his lips.

"Well..I was not a player and I'm not a player now either..but no I'm not a virgin"

A pout came over my face as I waved for the waiter to come back over to take my plate.

He picked up my plate and his mother came over placing a soup like dish in front of me.

I poked a fork into it as I felt his eyes on me once again "stop staring it's considered rude" I let out bluntly as he scooted closer.

"Don't tell me you're mad.." I shrugged my shoulders and he let out a quick sigh.

"I was like 18 at the time and I was curious...I was stupid not to wait for you but I didn't want to be a 30 year old virgin..I wanted experience before meeting you"

I nodded my head as he looked around the room looking for a way to change the conversation when his eyes landed on my food.

"What you're eating is called a Sweet lotus seed desert..in Chinese culture it's believed to give the bride good fertility"

I hummed in understanding scooping the big seed shape food into my mouth.

"It's gross.." I whispered so his mother wouldn't hear me standing across from us.

"It's not meant to taste good..it's meant to give you fertility" he whispered into my ear as shivers ran up my spine.

"After our honeymoon we will check to see if it worked.." I let out a soft gasp hitting his arm as he chuckled.

"Don't say foolish things around so many people" I pouted once again as he leaned in kissing my temple.

"Nobody can hear us sweetheart.." I nodded my head slowly as he slid his wine up to his mouth taking a gulp of it.

"Shall we dance?"