Leave it in the past

"I didn't mean it like that at all.." Ru said in a panic as I crossed my arms over my chest in frustration.

"Then how did you mean it then?" I asked bluntly as he reached out grabbing my hand in his.

"I-I really am beginning to care a lot about you I just wanted to take those steps in my own way but I was unable to because my mom threatened my position.."

I wiped the tears from my cheeks quickly looking up at him as he reached over shutting our bedroom door.

"Promise you'll try?" I whispered softly as he nodded his head his brows furrowed on his face making me sigh.

"Actions speak louder than words Ru.." he hummed at my words as I removed my hand from his hold walking over to sit on the bed.

"Can you please get me a towel?.." his head went in an up and down motion as he went over to the closet near the bathroom taking a towel and washcloth out.

"Here.." A faint voice echoed from his lips as I looked down at my hands avoiding his eye contact.

"Thanks.." with that I scurried off to the bathroom quickly taking a shower.

I came out the bathroom placing a bonnet on my head gently looking over to Ru who was laying on his side of the bed reading a book.

The book had a yellow fabric cover displayed across it hiding the actual book cover which would display the name.

"What are you reading?" I asked gently as he cleared his throat looking over to me as I situations myself in the bed.

"It's uh...book based off a folktale from my country" he said making me laugh internally.

"You're a bad lier you know that right?" I whispered laying on my side turning my attention towards him.

"And why is that?" He asked as his cheeks began to portray a red tent making his freckles really stick out.

"You stutter a lot when you lie.." I replied bluntly letting a  yawn out after my sentence.

"I'm not lying Yara..go fo sleep" he replied quickly as I hummed pulling the covers up to my shoulder letting out a sigh.

"Good night.." he muttered under his breath softly making me smile.

"Good nigh RuXin.." I whispered reaching over I quickly yanked at the fabric book cover to read "how to be a better husband"

••••

BOOM
I popped up quickly hearing the sound as Ru did the same both of our attention darting towards the door.

"Today is the day!" His mother yelled in enthusiasm as she slammed the door open making me groan I threw my head back on my pillow.

"Ru, Yara up up!" She roared pulling the curtains from the window revealing the sun beaming in harshly.

"Mom it's 6AM stop!" He complained pulling the covers over our heads I moved closer to him to avoid the cold drift coming through the window.

"I'm so glad you're getting along finally but now is not the time to start rebelling against me get up!"

She yanked the covers off of our bodies quickly as I crossed my arms in frustration.

"The wedding doesn't even start until 5:30pm!" I groaned out as she pulled her hair away from her face.

"Yes I'm aware but you still have to get your hair and nails done plus your makeup and you have to retry on your dress and y-"

"Ok ok we get it mom we'll be out in an hour now go please.." he complained making me slightly laugh I pulled the covers back up to us.

"Fine..but only one hour" she said setting a timer in her watch making Ru roll his eyes in annoyance.

Finally the bedroom door closed as I laid back in my pillow letting a huge yawn out.

"I actually wanted to talk about something.." I looked over to Ru with a smile as he smiled back in a nervous manner.

"..are you sure you want to marry me?" He asked as I let out a small laugh turning my full body to face him.

"Well yeah...you're my soulmate for a reason and although we don't get along that well now I know that we will once we put our differences aside"

A small smirk spread across his face as I lifted an eyebrow at him.

"I'm glad you think that way...and I'm sorry that I've given you such a hard time..I'll do better I swear"

I nodded my head gently as he pulled me closer so that my head was resting on his chest.

"50 minutes left to sleep"