Stressful events

"Jeez!" I whispered to myself as I rubbed my stomach in pain swiveling in my chair as our boss screamed at us.

"There is no reason we should have any mistakes in our billing how do we have 3 is this not your job Yara!"

I looked up hearing my name as i furrowed my eyebrows partly due to pain "sir I haven't received the billing receipts in 2 weeks.."

He then turned to Li Hua as I followed his gaze in confusion as he walked over slamming his hands down in front of her.

"I gave you the billing sheets everyday for 2 weeks to give to Mrs.Huang why hasn't she received any of them?"

I gulped as the tension in the room grew thicker
"I-I..Forgot sir it won't happen again I swear" he said as everyone began to whisper.

"Why did you write Yara's names on the forms as if she were the one who edited them?" He said as my eyes widened.

"I-I..sir I'm unsure of what you're talking about" she said as her skin grew pale she looked down at her lap as his assistant ran over placing the papers in his hand.

He then slammed the papers down onto the table right in front of her pointing to it as she looked down to it I reached out my hand and he handed me one of the papers.

"You did my signature wrong first off and second off you spelled Huang wrong you'd think you'd know how to spell it since well...you know"

She stood up quickly as if she were ready to hit me as I looked up at her nonchalantly which clearly angered her.

"Watch your mouth Yara!" She let out as our boss quickly gathered the papers handing them back to his assistant.

"You know forging a signature is illegal Mrs.Zhang?" He let out as I sat back in my seat feeling a horrible sense of pressure on my stomach.

"Yara are you ok?" Sabaa whispered as I shook my head no she handed me a bottle of water as I shook my head no.

"Mrs.Zhang you're fired pack your things and go now!" Tears began to fall from her eyes as she stood up scurrying out the door.

"You're all dismissed and Mrs.Huang I'll send the billing information to you so you can correctly edit it"

I hummed standing up as Sabaa helped me walk to the bathroom as I sat on the toilet she stood on the other end of the stall.

"Maybe it's your period...is it time for you period?" She asked as I groaned holding my stomach.

"I don't keep track I just deal with it when it comes.." I said as she knocked on the stall lightly.

"Maybe you should call your husband.." she said as I shook my head as if she could see me.

"No..he's at work I don't want t-to bother him" I said as I winced in pain she then knocked on the stall again as I grabbed my stomach.

"Yara open up I don't want you passing out in the stall!"she said as I began to cry I pulled up my pants opening the door.

"Oh gosh you're pale Yara.." she said helping me stand up as she took me to my office sitting me down she shoved a bottle of water in my hands.

"I don't care if you aren't thirsty drink Yara!" I nodded as she snatched my phone off the desk going to my emergency contacts she called Ru.

RuXin: baby I'm about to go to a meeting I'll call you back..

Sabaa: this is actually Yara's friend and I don't know what's the matter with her but she's super pale and she said her stomach really hurts I just don't know what to do.

RuXin: ok I'm on my way thanks for calling

She hung up the phone as I laid back on the chair groaning as she made me drink more water.

In about 10 minutes the door to my office burst open and RuXin stepped in out of breath he came over to me crouching to my level.

"Let's go to the hospital.." he said picking me up I could barley make out his face as he picked me up all I could hear was my name being called from multiple peoples mouths.

"Yara stay with me.."

RuXin's point of view

I ran my hands threw my hair as I sat next to the hospital bed where Yara laid sound asleep.

Just then the door burst open and in came her parents followed by mine then came Sabaa, Esme, Doreen, and Quinn all out of breath from running.

"She's fine.." I whispered as they all came in worry written all over their faces.

"Then why do you sound so sad?" Her father asked coming to her other side moving her hair from her face as I sighed.

"Because I don't know what's wrong with her why is this happening to her..." I said as he sighed grabbing her hand.

"Things like this are inevitable..don't beat yourself up" I then nodded slowly as the door opened and the doctor entered.

"Wow we have a full house don't we?" She said as the girls laughed lightly I moved out the way as she came over to the bed checking her vitals over again.

"She seems perfectly fine we are running a blood test just in case but I'm almost completely sure it's just exhaustion"

I nodded as my mom let out a sigh "I told you not to let her go to work Ru why didn't you listen!" She dramatically yelled as I scoffed.

"I'm not Yara's controller she is free to do what she wants she attended college for 5 years to get a job like she has!Me, you or anyone else has the right to keep her from working this isn't the 1830s women work too mom!"

Her face turned red with anger as we both stared at each other.

"That's no way to speak to your mother Huang RuXin!" My father said as I stood up he did too.

"Don't tell me or my wife how to live our lives we don't live according to the 2 of you so don't sit here and take her side when you know she's in the wrong.."

The tension in the room grew as the machine attached to Yara began to beep loudly all of our attention turning towards her as she began to squirm.

3 nurses came in going over to her as I went back over one of them pushed me back "please clear the room!" She said as they injected something into her IV.

I looked up at the machine and her vitals began to spike in an abnormal way as I Looked to the nurse again.

"What's wrong with my wife?!"