Birthdays and Board Meetings

Julie couldn't believe he came back just to kiss her. Oh my God he had the softest lips and when he held her face in his hands. She didn't remember anyone ever doing that.

She wanted to run after him and get one more kiss but, for starters, she was still in her underwear and she had a lot to do to before heading to her niece, Molly's birthday party.

As she was putting on her shoes and running out the door, her phone rang, it was Kelly.

"Oh so you are alive." Kelly sparked.

"If I were dead it would have been your fault hooker, leaving with some guy so you could go bang his best friend." Julie joked.

"Girl if I'd had even the slightest concern I never would have left. Sooooo how was he?"

"Kelly, I was drunk. Like passed out drunk. We didn't do anything, he'll he slept on the damn floor."

"Whaaaaaaaat?" Kelly said in disbelief.

"What about you?" Julie asked.

"Girl he was hot. We had fun but I doubt I'll see him again." Kelly answered.

Ok well I'm om my way to Lisa's for Molly's birthday party. I'll call you when I'm on my way home. We can meet up for drinks and share details."

"Don't forget!" Kelly said.

Julie arrived at Lisa's right on time. Her sister was a frantic mess. Trying to set up for the party, tend to 3 kids, a 4 year old, a 2 year old and a newborn.

"Thank God you're here" Lisa hugged her sister.

"Where's Lewis?" Julie asked, looking around.

"He got called out of town, his plane should be landing any moment."

"Julie, don't ever marry a man who travels, and definitely don't have babies with one."

"After the last failed marriage I don't think that's an issue." Julie said.

"Girl he was a douchebag, and you're only 32 years old." "You have plenty of time and you deserve to find you're happy ending. Lisa encouraged.

Julie smiled and changed the subject, "ok let's make sure this party is fit for a princess"

Lisa knew this was a tough subject for Julie. She rubbed her sisters arm. Ok let's get busy.

Molly came running into the kitchen. "Aunt JuJu!!!!!!" She jumped into Julie's arms and squeezed her tight.

"How's my birthday girl?" Julie asked.

"Daddy's not home yet." Molly said.

"I know sweety but hopefully his plane is landing and he'll get here very soon." Julie reassured her.

Lisa came over and rubbed Molly's back. "Daddy works very hard so we can have perfect princess parties for our favorite birthday girl."

Molly's smiled and jumped down. "Can I put on my party dress?"

"Yes, go get dressed."

"Aunt JuJu come help me."

Julie looked at her sister, she looked tired and frazzled. Julie felt sorry for her and wished she lived closer so she could help out more.

Lisa smiled,"go help the party princess, I need to feed the baby anyway."

Julie ran upstairs and sat on Molly's bed helping her get dressed. She really did want all of this. The house, the kids, a husband, maybe not one who was gone all the time but a good, loyal husband and friend. Why had her ex done what he did? Was she not good enough, pretty enough? Did she not satisfy him in bed? Clearly something had been lacking.