Family photos

Saturday morning Julie and Brian woke up around 8. Today was the day Brian was going to meet her family . She wasn't so worried about her sister and brother in law but she knew her mom would make a spectacle of herself.

Julie got up first, when Brian made it out of bed, he found her standing at the kitchen counter staring out the window.

Brian came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her.

"Hey, I promise it's all going to be fine." "We won't let it be anything but fine."

"Oh Brian, my mother is ridiculous. I know I should be grateful she wasn't a drug addict or alcoholic, but her vice was men and they always came before Lisa or me."

"I'm so sorry she hurt you." "I can promise you though, that's not going to happen today."

Julie turned and hugged Brian. "How did I get so lucky?"

"I don't know, but you better thank your lucky stars." He joked and swatted her on the butt.

On the way to her sisters house Julie felt nauseated. She was terrified this was going to ruin everything with Brian. Brian drove and held her hand the whole way. She'd feel better when this day was over and she could avoid her mom the rest of her stay.

They pulled in front of Lisa and Lewis's house. Brian commented, "wow nice house." Julie had never really thought about it. It was a nice 5 bedroom house. They had a pool in the back and nice cars. Lewis did well as a buyer for Macy's. However once you met them both, they were the most down to earth people. Julie really hoped Brian would get that vibe too.

Brian got out of the car and opened Julie's door. He felt so bad. She was as pale as could be. Brian grabbed Julie's hands, and he said "hey, this isn't about me and you today." "When we leave here, no matter what your crazy mom says, it's not going to change anything between us. We are a team. Ok?" Julie smiled and agreed. "Ok. Thank you." He really felt bad for her.

About that time Lisa came out the front door. She came running over. "Juju you ok?" She asked concerned.
"Oh Lisa, I'm terrified Moms going to make a scene." Julie said sounding super stressed.

"Baby, I already told you, even if she does, we're going to be fine." Brian assured her.

Lisa smiled, "hi Brian, I'm Lisa, Julies sister." Brian shook her hand, "hey Lisa, Very nice to meet you. I've heard a lot about you." He added. "Same here" she stated. Julie jumped out of his car and said, "omg I'm going to be sick." Then ran to the edge of the yard and puked.

Brian ran over,"Juls are you this nervous?" It's ok I promise." Let's go get it over with." He grabbed her hand and they followed Lisa into the house.

Immediately Julie headed for a bathroom to freshen up. She had to get a grip on her emotions. Brian stood in the kitchen near the bathroom. Julie came out momentarily. Brian put his arm around her , "feeling any better." Julie nodded even though it wasn't true. The kids in her class had been passing around a stomach virus, she hoped she wasn't getting it.

Lewis came into the room to check on them. Lisa grabbed him and said, "she's worried about how Moms behaving."

"Didn't you tell her?" Lewis asked. Lisa quickly shook her head and whispered, "no not yet."

Julie looked over, "tell me what?"

"Jul, mom brought a boyfriend this time, apparently somewhere in her distorted memories she was a fabulous mother. She's laying it on thick for this guy."

"Oh hell no." Julie raised her voice.

About that time Molly heard Julie's voice and came running into the kitchen, "aunt JuJu!!!!!!!!"she jumped into Julie's arms. Julie hugged her big. "How's my favorite 4 year old?"