Home Sweet Home

Julie and Brian had a great vacation. They got home and immediately went into baby prep mode. They spent their vacation trying to figure out how to tell their families. They decided to share the news in person.

On a Saturday night, the decided to pick up dinner and surprise Lisa and Lewis. She called and said they were coming. When they arrived Molly and Claire came running out to them. "Aunt JuJu!!!! Uncle Q!!!!!" They yelled.

Lisa came out and hugged Julie, "I missed you baby sis!"

"I missed you too." Julie hugged her back.

She hugged Brian too, "she looks good, you took good care of her I see."

Brian and Julie looked at eachother and smiled.

Lewis helped Brian carry dinner in and the guys went to sit in the study and shoot the breeze while Julie and Lisa got the food ready. Julie was telling her sister about their trip. Lisa kept looking at Julie, something was different. She kept thinking to herself, if they eloped I'll kick her ass.

Then it hit her like a brick, "Julie Marie Stobart, you're pregnant aren't you?!" Julie stopped dead in her tracks.

"What on earth would make you think that?" Julie asked.

"Omg girl you are! I can see it on your face. You have the glow." "You look different, I can just tell."

Julie held her finger up to her mouth to shush her.

"Omg Julie, omg this is huge! I'm going to be an aunt." She hugged her, then put her hand on Julie's belly. "I want to know everything." "How far along are you? Are you going to find out the sex?"

Julie told her she was about 14 weeks along, it was a total shock because she'd been taking the birth control shots but they were both very happy."

"Oh my God JuJu I can't believe it." And hugged her again. About that time the guys came back into the kitchen. Brian looked at Julie, "you told her without me? How rude." He joked.

Lisa ran over and gave him a hug, "I'm so happy, she didn't tell me I guessed. This is wonderful news. I'm so excited."

Thanks Lisa, we are too." Brian hugged her back.

Lewis stood at the counter confused. "Somebody wanna let me in on this?"

Lisa said,"Lewis, they're going to gave a baby!" Wiping tears away from her eyes.

"Lisa, why are you crying?" Julie hugged her and asked.

"Oh Julie, all I ever wanted was for you to have the happy ending you've always deserved. I was so scared it wasn't coming for you." Lisa wiped more tears. "I told Lewis when we first met Brian that I thought maybe he was your happy ending."

She hugged Brian again, "thank you for letting me be right for once in my life." Lisa said.

"Hey my pleasure." Brian said winking at Julie.

They all sat and ate dinner, talked about Julie's due date being in mid December and that they'd have a new baby to celebrate at Christmas. Julie was excited she'd be on Maternity leave over the Christmas break so she wouldn't lose too much pay. How they want to know the sex of the baby and even though it will be a couple of weeks early they're hoping the Dr will be able to tell when they go for their appt that week.

Lisa said, "well whatever it is, we've got you hooked up on hand me downs."

After dinner julie was stuffed and she stood up and stretched.

Lisa said, "holy crap Julie you're getting a baby bump."

"Lisa, I just ate 3 pieces of pizza, it's carb bloat." Julie laughed.