Meeting Shanks

"Pirates are here!"

That was what Luffy heard when she was getting some fruit for Makino, her caretaker.

Naturally, people would panic, but Luffy was curious. She spotted one guy with red hair, three scars across his left eye, and a strawhat on his head.

He said that he didn’t want to cause trouble, but they needed supplies.

If Luffy had to guess, he was the captain.

Seeing he was heading to Party's Bar, she had to tell Makino.

But as it turns out, the Pirates were friendly.

At Party's Bar, a group of Pirates were having party on whatever they are celebrating for, they ate meat and drinks Sake to their stomachs content except those two who seem to be chatting, Shanks and Luffy.

"Wow Shanks! You've been on a lot of exciting adventures! When can I be a pirate?" Luffy asked.

"Well, I'd say 11 more years. The sea ain't exactly a safe place." Shanks smiled.

Luffy frowned at that, but then saw a chest that had a somewhat familiar fruit.

"What's that?" Luffy asked.

"Oh, that's a Devil's Fruit one of the secret treasures of the sea. This one happens to be a Gum Gum Fruit. Basically it allows you to be a rubber human, but you won't be able to swim for the rest of your life." Shanks said making Luffy pause at that.

"Well, I accidentally ate a Mythical Zoan Devil Fruit after jiji left me on an island. It was the Human Human Fruit, model Aphrodite." Luffy said getting Shanks' attention as she explained he fruit.

Shanks was surprised when Luffy said her fruit gave her the powers of a deity, though it seems with Devil Fruits, anything is possible.

Then the door to the bar was kicked down ending the fun.

They all looked to see one tall man with his troop of mean looking men, the tall man that Makino and Luffy recognize him is the Mountain Bandit leader, Higuma the Bear.

Everyone sits perfectly still except Shanks whom he's busy eating his meal.

"So these are the Pirates I heard so much about. They look rather weak to me" then Higuma shoved Shanks stopping him from eating when he reached the counter, Makino walk up to Higuma to avoid unnecessarily violence.

"Good afternoon, what can I get for you, gentlemen" her tone is polite clearly she doesn't want any trouble in her bar and Luffy is watching in worry for her friend/sister figure.

"We're Mountain Bandits, but we didn't come here to tear your place apart, we just want some Sake. I say ten barrel should do." said Higuma.

"I'm sorry I'm afraid we're fresh out of Sake right now" said Makino slightly shaking.

"Interesting, those Pirates seem to be drinking some and that doesn't look like water to me" Higuma sneered.

"No, that just happen to be the last that when I stocked up but there will be more of it next week though" said Makino.

But it didn't help much because the looks of things Higuma looks really mad that he and his men won't have any drinks today, and then Shanks hold out a bottle of Sake of his own to Higuma and said.

"My apologies gentlemen, it looks like me, and my friends drank the whole place drily but you can have this if you want it hasn't been open yet, go ahead." Shanks offered Higuma a bottle as kindness which only caused the Bandit Leader madder, so he struck the last bottle and broke into pieces, and the Sake spilled all over Shanks, Makino and Luffy gasped in surprise of what the Higuma has done while Shanks's crew seem…unfazed that their Captain is drenched and been insulted.