To the Barate!

Luffy got up early in the morning and started to make breakfast for her new crew.

As a young girl, Makino at least wanted to teach Luffy some skills she would need out at sea. Luffy finally decided on cooking and sewing. Aside from her love of meat, she loved sweets even more.

Besides, a girl needs her chocolate when she is on that time of the month!

Luffy made some pancakes along with fruit salad, juice, and doughnuts.

Needless to say the others were surprised.

"I thought you only knew how to eat food!" Nami said.

"Yeah, but my caretaker insisted I learn a skill that would keep me alive. I actually chose two. Cooking and seamstress work. I can make my own food and clothes to save money. However, I would like to have a full-time cook on this ship before we head to the Grand Line. I don't want to exhaust myself with three jobs on this ship. But I'll cook on occasion."

"That's understandable." Usopp nodded as he ate his pancakes.

Later the crew was doing their own thing aside from Usopp and Luffy discussing their pirate mark.

Then Luffy spotted a small ship and saw someone was looking sick.

"Hey, there's a rowboat over there. It looks like they need help." Luffy said getting her crew's attention.

It turned out the people on that boat were two people that Zoro knew.

Yosaku and Johnny the Bounty Hunters.

"Brother Zoro! It's lucky you're here! Yosaku might be dying!" Johnny said in a panic.

"Get him up here, and we'll see what the problem is." Zoro said.

"What kind of symptoms has he been having?" Nami asked.

"Up till now he was fit as a fiddle. But recently, his teeth started to fall out, his old wounds reopened, he's been Turning pale and fainting all the time." Johnny said as Luffy checked him over.

'Whoa! She's cute!-wait, nows not the time!'

"He can still be healed." Luffy said getting their attention. "Usopp, Zoro! There are limes in the galley, get those here pronto!" Luffy commanded as the two men got the limes. She told Usopp to squeeze the juice in Yosaku's mouth.

"He has scurvy. If we're lucky he'll be healthy before you know it." Luffy smiled.

"Really, Little Sis?!" Johnny asked in joy.

"Well, it is something you should know at sea. In the last generation, scurvy was an plague of the sea because fruits and vegetables rotted on long voyages and people didn't know how to store them. A long voyage on the sea has hidden dangers after all." Luffy said as Nami agreed.

"That's why we need a full-time cook like Luffy said." Nami added.

"A cook huh?" Johnny asked getting their attention after he and Zoro got Yosaku to bed to rest.

"If you need a cook, I know where to find one. But you should be warned, it's close to the Grand Line, so some tough customers frequent that place." Johnny added as the crew looked excited.