02

There were a lot of things Taehyung started to notice since he became friends with Jungkook. Though he knew most of these but before they didn't bother him as much as they did now.

For example most of the people, if not everybody, treated Jungkook like he was a monster. They would always stare at him, talk bad about him without being subtle, look down upon him like he was some pest needed to get rid of. Those who weren't disgusted by him feared him as if he was a killer on the lose.

Many of Taehyung's friends told him to not hang out with him and even more had stopped hanging out with Taehyung for doing so.

Though people were cruel towards Jungkook's kind, it wasn't entirely their fault. They were simply acting upon the image that media had created of them.

Sure in the past there had been clashes between the two species—humans and outsiders went into a war when outsiders first came to Earth—but they had been solved. There was no reason for the hatret to exist anymore but turns out human beings aren't the most forgiving creatures.

It was heartbreaking that Jungkook—who Taehyung came to know was an amazing person—had to face this racism on a daily basis. Taehyung couldn't even imagine being in his shoe.

"Your quiet today," Jungkook said, hitting the brakes of Taehyung's train of thoughts.

Jungkook was walking Taehyung home like everyday. He lived in a dorm near the college thus went out of his way to accompany Taehyung. Taehyung told him he could go by himself but Jungkook insisted saying he enjoyed talking to him.

"Sorry, I zoned out," Taehyung said. Jungkook nodded, saying an 'it's okay'.

"Jungkook I'm sorry," Taehyung said, he couldn't stop himself from apologizing on the behalf of. . . the entire human race. "For what?" Jungkook asked, confusion evident in his voice with underlying worry.

"For everything you have to go through everyday. I'm so sorry. I wish there was something I could do about it," he finished and looked down at his feet, feeling guilty but Jungkook's laugh made him look back up. "You are too nice Taehyung," Jungkook's expression changed to a serious one, "and as for your apology, I accept it. But don't mistake all of this to be your fault."

"But it isn't yours as well," Taehyung interrupted. "I know. But there is no point in thinking that," Jungkook took a deep breath, "I believe we all have battles in our life which are custom made to our capability. Something you are dealing with will be impossible for me to handle and something that I'm facing, you can't.

"In summary, if this is a difficulty life has given to me, it means I am capable of overcoming it," Jungkook said.  He smiled sheepishly at the end as he scratched the back of his head, "Does that make any sense?"

"Yes."

From what Jungkook said, Taehyung understood that Jungkook was a mature person. Instead of letting these problems break him, he learnt to deal with them.

This was something Taehyung was far from achieving. He was the type of person who'd give up on life if he couldn't find his socks in the morning let alone deal with life problems.

Jungkook changed the topic saying it was getting too depressing. As they walked side by side Taehyung looked at Jungkook with adoration in his eyes and maybe. . . maybe something more.

✧✧✧✧✧

A/N

Hello my precious readers!
Hope you enjoyed the chapter even though it was short.

So tell me, when it comes to life problems are you like Jungkook or Taehyung?

Have a nice day💜