04

Taehyung skipped college next day. He knew it was the worst way to handle the situation but he couldn't face Jungkook. He felt very guilty for
what went down between them yesterday.

This realisation came to him when Jungkook let him go.
He didn't hurt him or even touch him for that matter. He only asked him to not tell anyone about his tentacles—that's what the purple snake tails were.

In the end, Taehyung had believed what everyone around him said about Jungkook, that he was a monster, a brute, a beast . . . an outsider.

How could Taehyung even look at him now, after making him feel like a freak when he called himself his friend?

--

Taehyung knocked the door and held his breath as he heard footsteps coming. The door opened revealing Jimin. "How can I help you?" his tone was harsh, harsher than usual.

But Taehyung didn't focus on that. He had come here for Jungkook and nothing else.

"Is Jungkook here?"

"Why? Wanna make him hate himself again?" He folded his arms over his chest, not moving away from the door.

Jimin knew, which meant he hated Taehyung more now, rightfully so.
"No, I came here to apologize."

"Can't do that." Jimin was about to close the door but Taehyung stopped him. It was a bold move, considering Taehyung knew what they possess but he didn't care. He had to see Jungkook. He needed to see him.

"I need to see him," he said, desperation clear in his voice.

"I told you—"

"Jimin, let him in," Jungkook said from somewhere inside, cutting Jimin off. Jimin huffed in frustation before opening the door. "You hurt him again and I won't hesitate to bite your head off," Jimin subtly whispered to Taehyung when he stepped inside and Taehyung hoped he didn't mean it literally.

--

"Hey," Taehyung said to Jungkook. They were in his room. Jungkook had insisted they went somewhere outside but Taehyung said he wanted to talk to him privately. It was a way of showing him that he wasn't afraid of him.

Taehyung sat on the bed and Jungkook in his desk chair, facing the other way instead of looking at him. Guilt of ruining their friendship flooded back inside Taehyung. If only he had acted more rationally, all this could've been prevented.

"You didn't come to college today," Jungkook said, he was fiddling with a pen in his hand.

"I needed time to think," Taehyung replied. Jungkook gave a small nod in response. Clearly the conversation wasn't going anywhere so Taehyung decided to say what he desperately wanted to say to him.

"Jungkook I'm sorry," Taehyung started, "I'm so sorry for the way I acted yesterday. It was very stupid of me. I overreacted. But it was because I was shocked."

"It's okay. You don't have to apologize. Anyone in your place would've done the same." There was sadness in Jungkook's voice. As much as it hurt Taehyung to see Jungkook like this, it also gave him strength to right his wrong.

"No, it's not okay. I overreacted."

Taehyung felt so guilty but he didn't know how to put his feelings into words. He was never good with these things. He wished there was some way he could reverse everything back to normal but unfortunately for him, this easy way out didn't exist.

"Please forgive me?" he said.

"I told you, I'm not angry with you."

"Does that mean we're okay?" Taehyung asked with hope in his eyes.

"There is no 'we' anymore Taehyung."

"What?" Taehyung asked confused.

"You and I, we can't be friends anymore. I'm not saying this because I'm mad at you, it's because I'm . . . weak. The way you looked at me yesterday, like I was a monster, it . . . it broke me. It hurt ten times more than all those comments and hatred I receive everyday because it was from you Taehyung. I don't think I will be able to handle if it happens again."

"But it won't," Taehyung interrupted Jungkook.

"How can you be so sure. What if someday you come to know something else about me, how do I know yesterday won't repeat itself?" Taehyung remained quiet, unable to answer Jungkook's question. After yesterday, he didn't trust himself enough to tell Jungkook otherwise.

"I think it's best if we end things here, it will be better for both of us."

Taehyung felt a pang in his heart. This couldn't be it. This couldn't be the end of their friendship, not because of him. Tears pooled in Taehyung's eyes and his chest became heavy.

Jungkook stood up from his chair and walked away, "I think you should leave now, it's getting dark."

When everything seemed over, an idea crossed Taehyung's mind. It could either fix everything or ruin it. But he didn't have a choice, he had to take the risk. It was his last chance at saving their sinking friendship.

Taehyung also stood up and walked to Jungkook, whose back was towards him. He tapped on his shoulder and when he turned, grabbed his collar and pulled him down connecting their lips.

The kiss lasted for not more than a second and Taehyung pulled back. He looked Jungkook in the eyes—which were wide as saucers—and even though every bone in his body told him to run away, he said,

"Jeon Jungkook, I like you."

✧✧✧✧✧

A/N

Hey guys.
Hope your doing well and enjoying the chapters.

Love ya all~
💜💜