05

Taehyung buried his head in the pillow as he cringed at himself for the hundredth time.

After the confession, Taehyung followed his instincts and ran away from there which wasn't the smartest choice because now he didn't know if his idea—that he now realised was extremely stupid—worked or not. Everything felt wrong. And anything he did only made it worse.

--

The next day, he couldn't skip college again so instead he avoided Jungkook to the best of his ability. They didn't share any class together and though in the past this was something that bothered him, was helpful when it came to hiding from him.

--

Taehyung was in his appartment. He lived alone which was good for most of the part but right now Taehyung wished he had roommates like Jungkook so he could talk to someone.

He had friends but he didn't trust them enough to tell them Jungkook's secret.

He was aimlessly surfing the net when the doorbell rang. Taehyung opened the door and it was Jungkook.

Taehyung's eyes widened and his mouth dropped open. He shakily smiled at Jungkook. "Hey. It's you. Hi," he stuttered.

Pulling himself together, he invited Jungkook in, pretending to be calm while he was dying on the inside. His heart was beating at a pace he was sure wasn't good for his health.

"You skipped college again today?" Jungkook asked after they had seated themselves in the living room. "No, I didn't," Taehyung said, knowing very well why Jungkook was saying this. "Really? I didn't see you at the campus, so I thought."

Taehyung's racing heart did a back flip at the thought of Jungkook missing him.

Taehyung shrugged his shoulders as a reply, playing it off cool. "You walked back from college alone?" Jungkook asked.

"I didn't know if you wanted to come with me."

"I would've told you I wanted to if you didn't avoid me all day."

Busted.

Jungkook knew he was avoiding him.

But Taehyung didn't focus on that part of what Jungkook said. "Are we okay then?"

Jungkook pressed his lips into a thin line before answering. "I don't know," he paused, "are you still afraid of me?"

Taehyung's heart broke at the question. It reminded him of how badly he had hurt Jungkook. "Ofcourse not Jungkook. I'm so sorry I made you feel like this but I promise I'm not. Otherwise I would've never . . . " Taehyung paused, mentally slapping himself for digging his own grave.

"You never what?" Jungkook asked and the slight smirk that he couldn't hide told Taehyung he knew exactly what he was going to say.

"I want to see them again," Taehyung said, trying to change the topic.

"You what?"

"I want to see your tentacles." There was a brief pause as Taehyung took in what he said. "Wow, that's a sentence I never thought I'd say," Taehyung said and both couldn't help bursting into laughter.

Just like that, the heavy atmosphere around them was lifted, replaced by a more friendly one.

"It sounds like your saying 'I want to see your testicles'," Jungkook said and another round of laughter echoed through the appartment. By the time they stopped laughing Taehyung's stomach hurt.

"God," Taehyung wiped the tears that had formed in his eyes, "but seriously."

"Seriously what?"