09

Taehyung was shaking in his boots. With every second that passed his anxiety doubled.

Jungkook was to be released from police custody today.  Everything was taken care of.

Jungkook had been charged for using his tentacles against humans. Apparently someone had seen Jungkook beating up those men and had called the police.

After Jungkook was arrested Taehyung called Jungkook's as well as his own parents.

Taehyung's parents were initially mad at him for having a relationship with an outsider but when Taehyung explained everything to them in detail; how Jungkook saved him from the worst fate he could've ever had and how he loved him—a realisation that had recently come down upon him—they came around.

Infact Taehyung's parents were grateful to Jungkook for saving Taehyung. So much so that Taehyung's father, who was a rather influential businessman in Korea, used his connections to help Jungkook which in itself wasn't difficult because Jungkook hadn't broken any law in the first place for the law states an outsider can use his tentacles in self-defense.

Taehyung always knew his parents were kind people but that day he couldn't be more proud to call himself their son.

Taehyung's father also made sure that a solid case was formed against the three men which would keep them in prison for a very long time. He didn't do it for Jungkook but for the safety of his own son.

As all of this was being handled, Jungkook was held in police custody and today he was finally coming home.

Taehyung was waiting for him at Jungkook's parents' house. Jimin and Jin were also there. They were not as hostile as usual, infact Taehyung can even go as far as saying they were sympathetic towards him.

"Honey atleast have some coffee. I don't want my son to think I starved his boyfriend," Jungkook's mother said. Taehyung let out a chuckle but refused nonetheless. His stomach was in no position to eat anything.

Last couple of days had been one of the most stressful days of his life. Now all he just wanted to do was see Jungkook and make sure he's okay. He hadn't properly seen him since the day he was arrested and that was more than a week ago.

"You know I wasn't the most enthusiastic when I found out about your and Jungkook's relationship," Jungkook's mother said, taking a seat beside him on the couch.

From the corner of his eye Taehyung saw Jin and Jimin skedaddling out of the living room and into the kitchen.

"It's okay Mrs Jeon. No one was." Which was true. Be it his parents, Jimin, Jin, even Jungkook's tentacles but eventually everyone started to accept them.

"I was especially against it when I found out he went to jail to protect you," Taehyung felt guilt rush inside him. If it wasn't for him, Jungkook wouldn't have faced any of this. It's not like he hadn't thought of this in the last few days but hearing someone else say it, was a confirmation to his doubts.

"But I want you to know I am not like that anymore. In the last few days I saw how much you care about him," she had a smile on her face which Taehyung returned but it wasn't as sincere as hers.

"I do, and Mrs Jeon I," Taehyung wanted to tell her he loved him but he couldn't, the thought that all this had happened because of him stopped him. "I really do," he settled on saying instead.

"I used to think humans are only selfish and cruel but you and your family showed me they are capable of kindness too," Mrs Jeon said, finishing with giving them her blessing which Taehyung was grateful for.

--

After what felt like hours Jungkook arrived with his father.

He looked completely fine, as if the fight from that day never happen.

He was first welcomed by his mother who hugged him tight and let out loud sobs. Seeing them, Taehyung couldn't help but shed a few tears himself.

After Jimin and Jin, finally Jungkook turned towards Taehyung with his arms open. Without wasting another second Taehyung threw himself at him, holding him tightly as if he would disappear if he didn't and Taehyung would wake up to find out it was all a dream and Jungkook was still in prison.

The people around them left to give them some privacy. Jungkook's mother said they'll wait for them in the kitchen.

When they were alone, Taehyung let go of all his emotions in the form of tears.
He silently cried in Jungkook's arms until his face and Jungkook's shirt became wet from his tears. Jungkook didn't say anything, he just ran his hand over Taehyung's back to calm him down. "I was so scared," Taehyung said, remembering the time when Jungkook said those exact words to him. It was unbelievable that day was behind them.

"I know. Me too," Jungkook placed a kiss on his head, "but it's all over now."

"I am so sorry. It was all my fault. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't have to go through all this," he sobbed some more, feeling guilty for everything.

On hearing this Jungkook broke the hug. "Did someone say this to you?" he said and looked at Taehyung with furrowed eyebrows but Taehyung shook his head. "Then why would you think that?"

Taehyung couldn't reply and more tears escaped his eyes. Jungkook hugged him again. "Don't say things like that. It wasn't because of you. It was something which was meant to happen. Infact I'm back here in the safety of my home because of you and your father. So don't ever blame yourself for it, alright?" Jungkook moved back to look at Taehyung. He kept his hands on Taehyung's face and with his thumbs wiped Taehyung's tears.

Taehyung nodded and melting into Jungkook's touch.

"Good," Jungkook said and leaned in. Taehyung met him halfway and kissed him passionately, throwing his arms around him to hold him close. Taehyung poured all his emotions into the kiss. His longing, his guilt, his happiness . . . his love.

When they broke the kiss, both were panting to catch their breath. Taehyung struggled to open his eyes. When he did those beautiful purple eyes were already staring into his and Taehyung knew he belonged to them.

"Let's go eat something because I'm starving," Jungkook said, when their heartbeats and their breathing were back to normal.

They were walking to the kitchen when Taehyung remembered to ask, "Wait, how are your tentacles?"

"They're still sedated, it will take them a while to wake up but besides that they are okay. They missed you though," Jungkook said, happiness in his eyes and a smile on his lips.

"Really?" Even though Taehyung had with his own eyes seen what the tentacles were capable of, he wasn't afraid of them. Infact he felt safe around them because he knew they would always protect him.

"I'm telling ya, once they wake up, you in for some serious cuddling," Jungkook said throwing his arm around Taehyung to pull him close to himself.

"I'm not complaining," Taehyung said and smiled, this time it was sincere.

✧✧✧✧✧

A/N

Hello my precious readers!
Hope you liked the chapter.

I know it was a bit fast but this is a short FLUFF story so I skipped the angst part.

Anyways, a lot of love from me to all the people who are reading this.
💜💜