chapter xii

Thank god this was my last meeting of the day, I don't think I'd be able to survive otherwise. My meeting with the UN earlier had been fairly uneventful, he just wanted to check in with me.

Pressing a button on the coffee machine in the lounge, I put a mug on the small tray and waited for it to be finished. I took out my phone, mindlessly scrolling through social media. 

"Wait, [Y/N]? Is that you?" I heard a voice say from the other side of the lounge. I looked in that general direction, seeing a group of 3 countries standing besides each other.

"Oh, hello you three." I waved to them, putting my phone back in my pocket. "You guys got back pretty quickly." I commented.

"Yeah, we took the food to go in the end." Brazil told me, walking over to the fridge. 

"Hey uh, we wanted to apologize for earlier as well. I didn't really realize that Russia and Greece were there." Peru spoke up. He looked over at Columbia.

"Yeah, we usually make fun of America and the fact that he seems to always have a new girlfriend or whatever." She paused for a second, her eyes looking at me, then at Peru. "We don't actually thing you two are dating or anything, just our way of joking I guess." She finished.

"Yeah, it's fine. I wouldn't have really cared if Russia and Greece weren't there, but it's whatever." I said to the two of them, picking up my mug. "I appreciate the apology, though." I added with a smile. 

"Yeah, no problem." Peru spoke up. "Uh, actually.. are you free on Monday? You should come join us for lunch." He asked while glancing at Columbia and Brazil.

"Yeah, for sure. I won't be like interrupting anything though, right?" I asked, looking at the three countries. Peru shook his head, assuring me I wouldn't. 

"I'll be there, then. Anyway, I really need to get to a meeting, sorry!" I apologized, rushing to get out of the lounge and to the meeting room. Hopefully I wasn't already late.

"Ms [L/N]." Was the first thing I heard upon entering the room. I quietly let out a sigh, looking towards the blue and yellow organization. "You're approximately..." He paused, looking at the watch sitting on his wrist. "7 minutes late." 

This was the first time in my life that I've been provoked to hit a dude.

"I'm very sorry sir." I apologized, clenching the papers I had with me. "There was someone who wished to talk with-"

"Whatever. Just sit down so you aren't wasting anymore of my time." He said, cutting me off. I sighed again, walking over to the only empty chair. To my luck, I was right next to Belgium and Finland. 

"As I was saying earlier, today we'll be focusing on economic recovery. As you all know, we've been working on a plan to help aide all of you and your countries, and today I present the first step." The organization said, talking loudly and clearly. It seemed that this was my first meeting that had to do with economic affairs, how fun..

"The first step of the economic recovery plan is of course the recovery loans. Within the European Union, our recovery and resilience facility will have put asides a total of around 672 billion euros in grants and loans." He explained to the group, gaining the interest of almost everyone.

At one point or another, I started to mindlessly write down the details and notes for said meeting. Did I care about loans? Hell no. I barely cared about any form of economy! Up until getting this job, I barely even knew the difference between grants and loans. Or the difference between left wing and right wing.