chapter v

Once I got to UN's office, I knocked on the door

"Oh, hello Ms (L/N). How was your lunch?" He asked me. I smiled a bit, thinking about the whole kerfuffle. "I'm guessing it went well." He said with a smile. 

"Anyways, what did you need help with?" I asked the tall organization.

"Oh, yes. We have your office ready. It's next to mine, right over there." He said, pointing to a door closer to the elevator. We both began to walk towards it. UN opened the door for me. The office was smaller than UN's but was still quite big for one person. There were two couches, both of them looked out a large window. The ceilings in these offices were quite high.

"Most of the drawers are empty. I figured you could put what you would like there." UN said, walking around. "You also have a closet to put shoes and such in over there." He said, pointing to a larger closet. I opened up the doors to it and peered inside. It was empty.

"Well, thank you sir. This office is quite nice." I said thankfully. He smiled.

"I do have some work for you though. I know you haven't met too many people yet, so I decided it would be good for you to work with some of the countries for an event we'll be hosting in a month or so." He explained to me, sitting down on one of the chairs that roll in my new office.

"Oh, which countries?" I asked him, also sitting down on one of those chairs.

"So far we have France, South Korea, Italy, Belarus and Singapore. They have already started work on the event but there is still much to be done. It's a charity event for WHO and UNICEF. All the money earned will be split equally between the two." He said, rubbing his hands together. 

"Have they come up with what the event will be?" I asked him. He thought for a moment.

"I'm almost certain it was a gala of some sorts. I know that thee will be A-list celebrities there, so the event is very formal. The group will explain more to you." UN said, spinning slightly in his chair. "I forgot to mention this but the EU and ASEAN with be supervising your meetings from time to time." He explained to me. I nodded, taking small mental notes.

"Is that all to do?" I asked him. (istg i've used said, asked, and elevator way too many times) He shook his head.

"I'll need you to organize my schedule for next week. I have many important meetings." He said, getting up from his chair. "I'll email you everything you need to know. For now you can just work on those schedules. Next week you can start work on the event." He said, before leaving me alone in the office. I sighed, looking at my desk. There was a computer and a few pens laying on the desk, but asides from that it was empty. I got up and walked to the couches near the window.

I looked outside, seeing I was higher than basically every building in the area. It was hard to see the normal greys and beiges that you could see from the ground, instead there was colours. The sky was a lighter blue, the clouds were a pearly white and the sun was actually visible. I forgot how nice the sky looked. I sighed, getting up from the couch. I walked to my desk and sat down. The computer was already on.