𝐢 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 (𝐟𝐞𝐦! 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫) [𝐛.𝐭]

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ 𝐚𝐮: 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜 ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐛𝐲𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐲𝐚 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐢 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

.。*゚+.*.。 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 .。*゚+.*.。

further explanation of the au: the children of two rich families are forced onto the dance floor.

you sat in front of the vanity mirror in your very expensive looking bedroom. delicately, you fiddled with the necklace that sat against your neck. the necklace was decorated with rare jewels and diamonds that common folk could only dream of possessing. this was your life. being the wealthiest family in [your country], you really could afford anything you could imagine. though of course this came with great risk that you had accepted at a young age. that was the sacrifice you had to make to be a [y/l/n]. that very sentiment was embedded into you ever since you knew how to understand words.

people enjoy thinking that you were born into your wealth. like some lousy princess. that is far from the case. you staked everything you did in life on your name and reputation. what you had done thus far to get to this point was nothing but hard work and dedication. though it didn't matter if people didn't understand that. of course they wouldn't understand.

tonight, you and your family were to attend a formal gathering with many other rich families from across the globe. you would call it a party, but that sounded a lot more foolish than what it really was. this was a significantly important occasion that you could not afford to mess up.

the last thing you wanted in your life was to be a disappointment. you had given up too much to lose what you had now. sure, you longed for a normal life sometimes, it was far too late to be longing for something like that.

you briefly checked the clock on the wall before sighing. you had to leave soon. your family would call for you, and the limousine would be waiting outside. you anxiously checked yourself in the mirror again. you eyed the dress that slightly hugged your figure.

(okay real talk: what do rich women wear??? i very rarely put thought into stuff like this??? ahjskdjak)

you internally groaned. you were going to have to interact with others and play nice. which you were not used to doing. you were naturally able to impress commoners, but what were you to do when everybody there was practically the same as you? or even- better??

you slipped on your heeled shoes, before rushing down and outside to where a long, shiny limousine was waiting. this mode of transport was not foreign to you. just the everyday occurrence, really. you clutched your purse tightly, almost enough to make your knuckles turn pale.

"y/n," your mother quietly scolded you. "why are you so tense? try to look more proper,"

"sorry, yes mother," you murmured back, looking out of the window to distract yourself. there was nothing to worry about. you were only their daughter after all. you didn't have a significant role to play tonight. just be nice to others and make a good impression. you could be good at that. this was basically business! a give and take situation.

tonight would be over before you even knew it happened. perhaps you'd even forget it by tomorrow.

the vehicle came to halt at once. the driver quickly hopped out of their seat to open the door for you and your parents. you got out first and quickly dusted yourself off and fixed your hair.

"you remember what i told you, don't you, y/n?" your father said softly.

"of course. i'll make a good impression, i promise," you responded confidently. you ignored the very small waver in your voice.