𝐢 𝐭𝐨𝐨 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲 [𝐛.𝐭]

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ 𝐚𝐮: 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐲 𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐚 ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾ 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫: 𝐛𝐲𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐲𝐚 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐢 ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

.。*゚+.*.。 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 .。*゚+.*.。

i have nothing else to publish at the moment so you guys get whatever this is :D

note: in a historical context, it makes more sense for the reader to be female, but i want to try to make it enjoyable for everyone. angst warning hehe

t/w: minimal gore/violence/death

byakuya togami had just finished reciting decrees to the people of his nation. the blind townspeople swooned and fawned over the young blonde ruler, whose claims were nothing but artificial. his effortlessly confident demeanour masked all of the falsehoods he claimed to believe so strongly in.

and you hated it. so much.

he got everything he wanted and deserved none of it. at least- that's what you believed.

you felt your hands curl into fists to make crescent shaped indents on your skin. you didn't wish harm upon him, did you? you had known him since you were both children. you watched him go from nothing to everything and despite it all, you held him dear.

it'd be a lie to say you weren't envious of his achievements. how couldn't you be? you very well had the capability to do what he did, and do it ten times better than he ever could. 

sometimes you'd lie in bed and wonder what would happen if he were gone. byakuya togami, gone from existence. one part of you said you'd never wish for suffering to be inflicted on your dear childhood friend, the one that taught you everything you knew.

but the other part understood what great benefit it would be on you and ultimately the country. with him gone, you could begin to make real progress. on the economy, on society as a whole. improve wellbeing, and fix ongoing illness! do all of the stuff togami was too cowardly to do.

you had shaken the treasonous thought until one night, when you stood outside of his study door, with a silver dagger in your right hand. the opportunity had presented itself to you and you knew you had to take it. you were anxious, but felt highly motivated- as if you were gifted the task to fulfil.

you took a small pin and picked the locked door knob, to find the blonde scribbling furiously into a notebook. he noticed the the door open, and turned to notice you. you hid the dagger behind your back so you could take him by surprise.

"oh. y/n?" he fixed the glasses that has begun to slip down the bridge of his nose. "what brings you here at this hour?"

he was often more cold towards the people in the palace, but held a soft spot for you and you only. it pained you to know what your next actions were, but then again, you knew that his fabrications outweighed the small gesture.

you shut the door behind you, and locked it as much as you could so that nobody could get in.

"mm, nothing," you very obviously lied. he was partially blind, but that didn't stop him from noticing the glare that reflected off of the dagger you failed to hide.

"h-huh? what are you doing, y/n?" his eyes widened in shock upon seeing the blade in your hand. your face contorted into something dark and cold. he had never seen you like this before.

"getting the ending i deserve," you replied ominously.

"i- i don't know what-" he stammered nervously, getting up from his chair.

"you're pathetic," you said in almost a whisper. "my whole life you were so dear to me. i looked up to you as if you were a saint. i now realise how wrong i was in that judgement,"

"what are you doing, y/n?" he repeated the question as if you didn't hear him the first time. he tripped over his feet trying to get away from you, but he was only cornering himself.

"i too have a destiny, byakuya!" you screamed in a sudden outburst. he flinched slightly.

"i will restore this country and return good to its people. people will speak of this day for the rest of eternity and i will finally be great too. i don't care what happens next- whether i'll be despised and killed mercilessly or not. all that matters is that i will have my name known. i will be known as the person who killed the great byakuya togami: the bastard who got it all and didn't deserve any of it!"

he cowered back into the wall, his eyes pleading for you to reason with him. his icy blue eyes that had once sparkled were now dull of life. he was shaking in fear- though he would never admit to it- praying that someone would burst in through the door and spare his life.

you inched closer, tears carelessly spilling out of your eyes. you continued your monologue:

"i always wondered why it was you and not me. why you always got your way. i was so envious of your privilege, and how i never got any of it. but i finally know what i want byakuya...

i don't want what you have. i want to be you,"

his heartbeat quickened as his eyes darted from one side of the room to the other, attempting to plan an escape route.

"but please, know that my actions are not motivated only by envy. i'm also doing this because I love you, byakuya. i am doing what is best for everyone and i need you to understand that,"

"y/n, please," he whispered. "what did i do?"

"i'm truly grateful for you, byakuya. thank you for everything,"

and with that, you raised the dagger above your head and plunged it deep into his chest. he gave a loud cry of agony, one of his arms clutching onto your clothes. he wanted to cry out for help but nothing escaped his lips any longer. you removed the sword and stabbed him again, blood spurting out and smearing your hands, arms and clothes.

his grasp finally released as the red liquid oozed from his mouth and chest, creating a pool around him. despite what had happened, he looked quite peaceful.

you were content. this was his fate.

i don't even know what this is. but it was fun??????

this was HEAAVVVILY inspired by brutus by the buttress. pls listen to it if you haven't before. it's such a good song.

i wanted to highlight just how flawed y/n's motives are by making them so conflicted between love and hate. did it work?